61 degrees and sunny...who's going out this afternoon

B

billm67

Well the thermometer said 61 degrees at lunch and it was beautiful outside at lunch time. Who is getting out to the stream today? I don't think I'll get to fish...but I will be doing some lawn casting when I get home from work. I may even go crazy and put the waders on and practice casting in the creek out behind the house.

Isn't putting waders on and casting in a creek called "fishing"!?

I wish I was out. That would rule.

billm67 wrote:
Well the thermometer said 61 degrees at lunch and it was beautiful outside at lunch time. Who is getting out to the stream today? I don't think I'll get to fish...but I will be doing some lawn casting when I get home from work. I may even go crazy and put the waders on and practice casting in the creek out behind the house.

Bill is becoming a favorite poster of mine. You gotta luv his enthusiasm. Go Bill!

Bill, I'll have to save my sneak out for tomorrow when it's supposed to be higher than 61! :cool:

I'm planning on the same as Fox...figure with the warm temps today, and the relatively mild night tonight, tomorrow (mid/upper 60's) should fish better than today. Cloud cover and a sprinkle in the afternoon wouldn't hurt either. At least that's what I'm banking on!

As for today...it's a balmy 72 in my cubicle...

Swattie87 wrote:
I'm planning on the same as Fox...figure with the warm temps today, and the relatively mild night tonight, tomorrow (mid/upper 60's) should fish better than today. Cloud cover and a sprinkle in the afternoon wouldn't hurt either. At least that's what I'm banking on!

As for today...it's a balmy 72 in my cubicle...

Swattie, and my other hope is to beat the weekend crowds! A fish or two to hand, would just be a plus.

Working a double today, but i'll be on the water tomorow, rain or shine.

Cornholio wrote:
Working a double today, but i'll be on the water tomorow, rain or shine.

Corn, you are probably the nicest guy but I look at your avatar and think, if I ever fish with him I sure as hell hope I don't **** him off! :roll:

Don't be offended by that Corn...they said the same thing about my original avatar!

'Squatch, you have to admit yours was a bit, shall we say "different"? :-D

Corn, really no offense meant you just look mean as hell (in that picture) and I'm basically a whimp.

Foxgap239 wrote:
Swattie, and my other hope is to beat the weekend crowds! A fish or two to hand, would just be a plus.

Yeah, my next four weekends are pretty much booked solid with birthday parties for my nephew, weddings, etc...I know I won't be able to fish on a weekend for a while. Figuring tomorrow will be as good of a day as any in that stretch to try to sneak out on a weekday.

Fox - I'm pretty sure Corn's avatar is a picture of the late Ryan Dunn. MTV celebrity/stuntman/comedian/Jackass - in the best sense of the term.

I have to get out this afternoon if I'm going to. I have to pick up kids tomorrow afternoon and then go to band practice. Friday is tied up too as the we're playing at the Elks friday night.

Swattie87 wrote:
Fox - I'm pretty sure Corn's avatar is a picture of the late Ryan Dunn. MTV celebrity/stuntman/comedian/Jackass - in the best sense of the term.

Damn, now don't I feel like an a$$hole. Well, I guess we now know I don't watch MTV when not fishing.

billm67 wrote:
I have to get out this afternoon if I'm going to. I have to pick up kids tomorrow afternoon and then go to band practice. Friday is tied up too as the we're playing at the Elks friday night.

Apart from playing at the Elks on Friday, you just described exactly what my next two days look like! Literally. I have to pick my kids up after work then go to band practice tomorrow. Amazing.

I won't get out till Saturday afternoon/evening.

Lmao guys, yea the avatar is ryan dunn, just trying to keep his memory alive.

Foxgap239 wrote:
Damn, now don't I feel like an a$$hole. Well, I guess we now know I don't watch MTV when not fishing.

"Easy mistake Boss...Could happen to anybody." - Captain Ron

His screen name is also from Beavis and Butthead. Stay tuned for a Snookie avatar, as I think Cornholio is a MTV fan boy!

I better QUIT while I'm only slightly behind!

Lol no worries fox, mtv sucks these days anyhow.

billm67 wrote:

Enjoy Bill, sorry I took your thread off topic.

Back