40 Years Ago Today

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
I could not help but think back being a young boy watching in wonderment as mankind first set foot on the moon. I waited what seemed like hours for Armstrong to leave the lander and step out. I look forward to that continued passion and purpose that mankind possesses for even greater good.

Just wanted to take a minute as we all did that night to give thanks in our own way.

Attachments

• as11_40_5903-on-moon950.jpg
    as11_40_5903-on-moon950.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 10
One of those events that I can still remember where I watched it from - on black and white TV.
Kinda hard to believe, though, that 40 years later, that event is still probably the zenith of our space program

I remember watching the coverage, but not real well.

Attachments

• tothemoon.jpg
    tothemoon.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
I remember going to grandma's house to watch it and staying up very late. I was in first grade at the time. It made a big impression on me. By the end of second grade I had read all the space related books in my school library.

wasn't near old enough. Actually wasn't even close to being born. However reminds me of a stand up routine... Brian Regan. He's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QvSoRQrVJg

Parents got me up to see the tv coverage. I can picture the living room to this day. Something I think I will always remember.

I think the Buccos were above 500 then too...

One of those moments where I remember exactly "where I was when".

Sure the Bucs were above .500--"The Great One" was still playing then.

Back