3rd Annual PAFF Erie Steelhead JAM - November 11-13 !!!

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

Well it's official ladies and gents. The 3rd annual Erie Steelhead Jam will be November 11th through the 13th. If you have never fished for steelhead, head up a few times a year, or need counseling for your addiction you are welcome to come. This has been a great event held for the last few years that allows people from all over to come and hook into some big fish with some great company. My thoughts on Erie have always been that there are always going to be crowds, you might as well surround yourself with friends.

So here's the official plan of events.

We will meet every morning at the pavilion at Folly's End Campground. They have been generous to us for the last 2 years and continue to do so. You can camp out there if you please, park a camper, or even call to see if they have any available place to stay. They have a fully stocked fly shop and elk creek is about 25 yards from the pavilion.

We typically meet as a large group for coffee and donuts and split up from there. Sunrise at that time of year is right around 7:00am, so if we plan to meet around 8am each day that should work out just fine.

Friday is typically a day where people filter in all day long. If you plan to attend and are unfamiliar with where to go or don't know many people from the board please let me know and I'll arrange for you to be met up there at your arrival time to be shown around and have someone to fish with. Folly's is probably the best place to go if you're unsure. There will be people there all day at the pavilion and fishing at Elk in that area.

Each evening we will converge at Avonia Tavern. Let's plan to meet there around 7pm. (Sunset is at 5) This is a great place to grab a good bite to eat and a great beer with lots of room for our group. We'll try to arrange a large table there every day so we're not waiting around like in years past.

Last but not least is a place to sleep. A bunch of people stayed at Sunset Motel last year. It's not too far away from our meeting places and very clean and inexpensive. There are many other places to stay in the area. Feel free to look around and find what you're looking for.

If you plan on attending please notate in this thread what DATES YOU'LL BE ATTENDING, WHAT TIME YOU'LL ARRIVE, AND WHERE YOU LIVE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN CARPOOL/SHARE A ROOM TOGETHER IF NEEDED.

If you need a cell phone number or 2 let me know and I can give you mine or someone else who will be there so that we can make sure you get hooked up with the group when you arrive.

Here's hoping for a good steelhead run and lots of fun at this years Steelhead JAM! :pint:

Ryan Gouldsbarry

I'd like to attend - can be flexible on times arriving and departing with enough notice.

Anyone in the lehigh valley or surrounding areas looking to carpool/room share? Pm me...

room booked for 11-14 with ability to stay longer. I'm leaving out of lancaster maybe thursday night to get there by morning friday. anyone interested in joining is welcomed or if your headed up around the same time and are staying at sunset I would be interested in joining you.

I would like to get a big vehicle or station wagon to do this but as of now I only have my pickup. I figure if I split room and gas with one other person it comes to $178.00.

looking forward to attending.

I'll be making the trip as well. Still sorting out the logistics, but I'm hoping to be up as early as i can on friday.

^ hey tim did you ever get my last PM?

Ryan, if you don't mind, I'd like to lock the other thread and put the dates in your title line to direct all discussion into this thread.

My room is booked. Should get there around noon time on Friday the 11th. I plan on being at the pavillion at Folly's @ 2pm.

Ryan - You're covered. Same deal as last year. Don't forget the donuts! :cool:

H.A.

Perfectly fine Jack!

BTW, I'll probably be there at least on Saturday, but potentially all weekend. I have to see how long my leash is at that time.

im in for the whole weekend. I will keep you posted on the stream conditions and fish numbers. As with last year I will take a group with me. I hope we have better conditions this year but will have to play on the weather. So far no fish yet checked trout run and no fish yet. have heard of some boats trolling for walleye catching some hear and there. Lake conditions have been rough so no recent reports. Got rain and cooler temps for about the next week so if we get some good heavy rain we may see a few start to make a move in. Im going to hit the lake shore at night this weekend and see if anything is moving up at night. Look forward to seen everyone agin and meeting some new faces.

I am trying get my schedule adjusted to make it this year.

Will be leaving out of Lititz.

Tim, I have a suburban if you would like to meet up and ride together PM me.

Thanks

Rick

Yea, I am in. Weekend is cleared and Aok'd with the wife. Will be with H.A. . I would think with all of the rain this year, it should translate to the Chromadome JAM.

SBecker wrote:
Yea, I am in. Weekend is cleared and Aok'd with the wife. Will be with H.A. . I would think with all of the rain this year, it should translate to the Chromadome JAM.

Erie's PA watershed is incredibly small.

I know, and they have not really received much rain this year. Just hopeful.

I got clearance to fish Friday and Saturday. I'll either camp or split a room with someone Friday night. I should be in by 9 or 10 AM Friday morning and I'll stay for dinner Saturday.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guarantee the fishing will be better than last year. If its not you can blame me!

Ryan, I'm happy to take a small group on one or both days. I think you have my cell phone number.

As of now I only have that Monday and Tuesday to fish...I'm working on getting free for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday but we'll see. If anyone is staying after the weekend, let me know.

looks like they might get some rain on friday up there..here's hoping this system decides to share with erie.

I live in east pete and I can honestly say I have never seen the little conestoga this high (water level wise)...

I am going to try to make it to this one. I have never been steelhead fishing and I have to get together a rod and reel outfit. Not sure exactly sure when I will get there or how long I will be there. I will probably camp out.

Csoult, anything in the 6-9 weight range will be serviceable for steelhead, preferably in the 9-10 foot length range. If you don't want to commit to a new outfit, I'd be happy to hook you up with an outfit I'm not using while you are at the jam.

Alby, that is extremely kind but I think I am going to get a fairly inexpensive outfit just because if I somehow broke yours I would feel horrible. Also, if I use yours then you might expect me to take it easy on you in fantasy football. ;-)

I need one for some of the warm water fishing I do anyway. Thanks though.

Any other recommendations on a Hotel. The Sunset is book except for one smoking room that I can't handle. Plus apparently there is a big dog show that weekend the reason its booked up. Can you say "A whoooo" all night long.

Back