From Pittsburgh
There is a hotel/bar in Milroy. But I've never eaten there

Posted on: 2010/12/30 11:30

Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

From Enola, Pa.
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Great restaurant guide pcray, thanks.

Not that we will need more firewater at the Jam, but I believe Jack observed a tavern about 1/2 a mile from the CG on 322.

afish

Thats the mountainside Brownies!

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/12/30 14:44

From Hershey
I would agree the beer at Ottos is better than Elk Creek. The Elk Creek does have it over Ottos for location, food and ambience.

Posted on: 2010/12/30 15:51

Jack, I just want to know two things, who appointed you the ring leader, and when and where was the poll?

Posted on: 2010/12/30 18:36

From Monessen, PA
PM sent.

Posted on: 2010/12/30 18:46

From Schuylkill County
My thanks to jack and all the other people involved with the jam decision; a lot of work they volunteered for the good of us all...

I really appreciate it.....

John

Posted on: 2010/12/30 20:40
if you look at it right...

From Pine Grove
Thanks Jack. Some of us appreciate what you put into this.

Boyer

Posted on: 2010/12/31 6:30

Quote:

JackM wrote:

Presently available are 6 "primitive cabins" for Friday and Saturday nights. I did not inquire about longer reservations before and after, but feel free to discuss this with the CG owners/agents. Reservations of cabins and tenting space is between you and the CG. They have agreed not to rent the 6 available primitive cabins to anyone not identifying themselves as being with the PA Flyfish Jamboree through close of business on January 5, 2011. All reservations are first-come, first served and a deposit will be expected from the CG to "hold" the reservation beyond January 5. One of the primitive cabins exists and the other 5 are supposed to be built before we arrive. Please discuss this contingency with the CG if you reserve one of the not-yet-built cabins.

Hey Jack,

I see you mentioned the primitive cabins here, but after looking at the campgrounds website, they have other non-primitive cabins. Are these off-limits to us or just not mentioned in the original post?

Posted on: 2010/12/31 10:09

From Monessen, PA
The organizers pre-booked the two "deluxe" cabins for their use and their personal guests. I am sure you can bid on them, but I don't have one to sale you. I pre-booked a primitive one myself.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 10:27

From Media Pa
Quote:

Stone_Fly wrote:
Jack, I just want to know two things, who appointed you the ring leader, and when and where was the poll?

"Ring Leader"? Pretty negative IMHO. Hey Jack from putting together the mini mini Stocktoberfest Jam I can't even begin to imagine how much work goes into this jam. Thank you for your efforts and Stone Fly ....oops potential guardrail bender so I will stiffle further comment.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 10:50

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Thanks to the mods for organizing this event. I know the details needed to organize the steelhead JAM and it pales in comparison to the "main event". I'll be anxiously waiting those dates as I do every year. I don't care if we meet at a highway reststop, as long as we all get together to hang out and fish, it's all good for me.

Ryan

Posted on: 2010/12/31 11:16

Use code "paff" for 15% off.

From Monessen, PA
The appreciation shown is noted and the negative comments are to be expected. That is the hardest thing with organizing the Jam. Over the last couple years, those of us who have organized the event in the past have gravitated in favor of having the Jam organized more or less by the moderating crew and Dave Kile. It is not so much work as it is stress. None of us make a dime on it, take discounts that others "pay" for, or benefit in any way beyond our enjoyment, like you, of a successful event.

As cabin space is always going to be limited, we try to maximize the available cabin space. But someone is going to get "first crack" at it and there is no reason it shouldn't be those of us who organize the event. I would expect anyone else organizing an event through use of this message board to do the same. Additionally, I would expect them to hold the event when and where they choose. None of us should be asked to answer for accepting those privileges as part and parcel of organizing the get-together. Beyond the needs of the organizing group, we maximized the number of under-roof space for all others to try to book. We announced it on a Monday, after business hours, waited until after the holiday so that most regular board readers would have the same notice as any other. So far as I know, no other person or group was given any advanced notice or ability to book in advance. i hope everyone gets the accomodations they need.

This was one of the primary reasons we chose Seven Mountains: it had reasonable on-site under-roof accomodations and was close enough to other lodging options to allow everyone to find a comfortable lodging solution.

Enough said on that topic.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 11:37

Quote:

JackM wrote:
The appreciation shown is noted and the negative comments are to be expected. That is the hardest thing with organizing the Jam. Over the last couple years, those of us who have organized the event in the past have gravitated in favor of having the Jam organized more or less by the moderating crew and Dave Kile. It is not so much work as it is stress. None of us make a dime on it, take discounts that others "pay" for, or benefit in any way beyond our enjoyment, like you, of a successful event.

As cabin space is always going to be limited, we try to maximize the available cabin space. But someone is going to get "first crack" at it and there is no reason it shouldn't be those of us who organize the event. I would expect anyone else organizing an event through use of this message board to do the same. Additionally, I would expect them to hold the event when and where they choose. None of us should be asked to answer for accepting those privileges as part and parcel of organizing the get-together. Beyond the needs of the organizing group, we maximized the number of under-roof space for all others to try to book. We announced it on a Monday, after business hours, waited until after the holiday so that most regular board readers would have the same notice as any other. So far as I know, no other person or group was given any advanced notice or ability to book in advance. i hope everyone gets the accomodations they need.

This was one of the primary reasons we chose Seven Mountains: it had reasonable on-site under-roof accomodations and was close enough to other lodging options to allow everyone to find a comfortable lodging solution.

Enough said on that topic.

Hey Jack,

I meant no malicious intent asking about the other cabins. I just went to the CG's website and saw them listed there but not mentioned here so I was just curious what was going on.

I'm pumped for the jam and it goes without saying that I'm super appreciative for all that you, the other mods, and other organizers have done to make this happen.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 11:55

From Monessen, PA
ws, I was not so much addressing you as just laying out the whole issue so that the discussion can revert to talking about the Jam itself and what people can expect, what they intend to do, etc. Someone was bound to wonder, but I also thought they'd realize those other cabins were booked. If not, they'd learn that when they called to inquire.

I am not offended by any of the comments other than Stone_Fly's, which was unnecessarily rude. Perhaps it was a poke in the ribs and I misunderstood his humor. In any case, The decisions were all made as a group and I no more want praise if everything works well as I would want blame if it doesn't.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 12:06

From Room 109
Jack and the others should be thanked for the efforts involved in planning this event.

Evan can be blamed for everything else anybody does not like.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 13:40

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 18 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
153 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com