$70,000 to FF with Jimmy Carter

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Wonder how much the Prof would pay to fish with George W

http://technorati.com/sports/outdoor/article/fly-fishing-fantasy-bidder-pays-70k/

I wouldn't pay a dime to fish with anyone.

bikerfish wrote:
I wouldn't pay a dime to fish with anyone.

Do I have to source your quotes from the april vokey thread?

I never said I'd pay to fish with her!!

fade,

the article says the winning bidder only gets to have dinner with Mr. President and First lady...they don't join in on the fishing. Bummer!
That better be one heck of a meal;-)

btw, I'd pay to fish with April..I've spent money on worse things.

peace-tony c.

I will always pay money to fish with a good guide, but the 2nd worst president in history, never!

I wonder who the worse president might be????

I think we all know that answer...

yea, he's in office right now! Ooops that was not PC! hahahha

I wouldn't pay 70K to fish with Jimmy and Roz either. Not out of any political objection, but simply because I have better uses for the money.

But we do contribute to the Carter Center every year as well as Habitat for Humanity.

Finally, not to be incendiary, but fisherman bad mouthing Carter sort of seems to me to be analogous to complaining about farmers with your mouth full.

Whatever else happened on his watch, he was (IMO) the best environmental President of the modern (post-1965 or so) environmental era.

He'd be welcome at my house anytime...

trout_stalker wrote:
I wonder who the worse president might be????

LINCOLN! The no account do nothing....

I LIKE Jimmy but if i had $7o,ooo to spare it wouldn't be used for that. I worked with Habitat for Humanity after Katrina and was impressed with what they do and stand for. What i don't understand is how can a person NOT like Jimmy Carter? Folks that are so blinded by party politics as to say they don't like that guy are scary. If you buy into your parties hatred of him you'd buy into anything they told you..........scary.

RLeep and Osprey, I didn't see anyone here use the word "Hate". I liked Jimmy too, but I didn't think he was a good president AT ALL. He was one of the worst IMO, but you couldn't help but like him. Talk about putting words in someone's mouth.

What exactly is the rap against Carter? It's been awhile and I don't remember all the history.

Reagan had to clean up his mess and free the hostages in Iran. That's the "rap".

He didn't play politics...therefore, he couldn't get much accomplished when working with pols that only played politics.

Well:

1. He immediately signed over a huge asset, the Panama Canal, for nothing at all, after all of the U.S. money made to build it.

2. The Shah of Iran was a huge U.S. ally and moderate voice in the region. When he was challenged by a band of extremists, Carter refused to step in and help, leading to the Islamic Revolution and the Iranian leaders we see now. This also caused the Iran hostage crisis, and Carter was pretty weak in negotiations. He did attempt a military rescue, which went horribly wrong.

3. High unemployment coupled with high inflation and high interest rates. The infamous malaise speech, where he attacked Americans for becoming fat and lazy (he was right, but you don't say that!)

4. Energy crisis, oil crisis.

5. 3 mile Island. And in hindsight, perhaps the worst decision was to essentially end new nuclear plants and the decision not to run breeder reactors, i.e. trying to store the spent fuel when its perfectly good fuel itself.

6. Upset the farmers by not supporting grain exports to Russia.

7. Gave tons of money to Nicaraguan revolutionists, who used it to set up a totalitarian regime not friendly to the U.S.

8. His brother recieved a huge kickback from Libya to facilitate oil sales. Libya was not exactly well liked at the time.

Not saying its all his fault, but a lot of bad stuff happened while he was in office.

Hey,we had Billy beer and Plains Ga. became a tourist spot-

Back