Youth waders needed.

jreichel

jreichel

My son is 9 years old and I would like to start taking him with me on the stream this spring. He needs a pair of waders or hip boots but with my limited budget I can't justify the cost of new when he will out grow them after 2 seasons or less. So does any one have any their child has out grown and need to find a home for? He is in a size 3 shoe now but will need a 4 soon. So i'm thinking a sizes 4 to 6 should work.

Thanks
Jeff

Sorry! I should have put this in the "Swap Forum".

Cabelas has the Three Forks Youth Waders in the size your asking for. I bought a pair of Cabelas Dry-Plus Waders for my nephew (same age as your son) last Christmas and he loves them. I think waders are the way to go for a kid. I wish I had them when I started and was vertically challenged. The Three Forks waders are only $55.00, so it's not a huge investment.
Good Luck,
Matt

Dicks or Gander Mountain, when their rubber hip waders are on sale @$30. These will only last about a year may be 2, are durable, and you can add small 1/4" hex head screws to them or screws that are 1/4 to 3/8" long. I would recommend kids breathable waders when the child is older than 12. At 9 they are "all over the stream!" and "stream banks". You and him will have a blast!!
Good Luck U2 this year!

I have been eyeing these up for my boys

http://www.oakiwear.com/oaki/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

I got my daughters a pair that they share (only have one in the stream at a time!). They have had them for over a year with no problems. They use the waders to play in the snow for the last two winters as well, staying perfectly dry. No issues with durability.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Three-Forks8482-Youth-Uninsulated-Felt-Sole-Wader/732863.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dchildren%2Bwaders%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=children+waders&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Thanks all for the input. I will probably go the Cabelas boot foot wader rout. Seems the way to go.

Thanks again
Jeff

Got online at Cabelas yesterday to order thoes Three Forks waders for my son and they were on sale!! Saved 20 bucks! Some times it pays to procrastinate! :-D

Bruno,
Did you pull the trigger and order the Oakiwear waders?

Back