Who makes the biggest waders?

boss_steb

boss_steb

Ok...So I am large...I couldn't find Omar the tent maker to make me some waders...I have looked at the HUSKY Angler but I am not sure of the quality...

It isn't so muchin the belly...but in my calves...I can wear the king sizes...so what is a big guy to do...beside loose weight..

Boss_steb

http://www.bigcamo.com/big-tall-waders-boots.php
http://www.offthehookflyshop.com/wme900x.html

keep looking they are out there although I like the second ones I posted. They size right down to the calves.

Cabela's has a cut they call "stout." They worked for me.

Boss,

Take a ride up to International Angler in Robinson and see what they recommend. Orvis and Simms seem to be the brands that have the wider variety of sizes. I'm sure if you look around on the net, you'll find other options as well, but I don't want to purchase and have to ship back if they don't fit. The guys @ International Angler will bring different sizes from various brands into the shop and let you try them on before purchasing and not charge you anything extra. Not to mention, I'm sure you're not the only big guy out there that they've fit for boots so they'll likely be able to give you a good recommendation. Give them a shot.

Glad or hefty bags duct taped around your ankles

Dear Boss,

I'm 6' 5" and way over 300 pounds.

Orvis waders in 2XL fit me right out of the box. Albright also offers big fella sized waders and they are often available on closeout at Sierra Trading Post.

In the old days of neoprenes you had the option of custom waders. I am not aware of anyone who makes custom breathables?

By all means drive to a shop and try some waders on, don't just buy hoping they will fit.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

TimMurphy wrote:

In the old days of neoprenes you had the option of custom waders. I am not aware of anyone who makes custom breathables?

Wow...really? I never knew that. Who used to make custom waders. That would have been nice.

Simms offers custom fits but be prepared to shell out some cash. I think the base line they have these offerings in is the G3. They do offer a good selection of sizes in off the shelf products though too.

Thanks for all the hints...yeah...I am running 350 and getting the gut in isn't so bad...the stouts and kings...just can't fit my fat calves into the bottoms..I have a pair of king 2xl patagonia but gotta grease up to get my kankles in them...

Husky angler makes custom breathables....including measurements for ankles, calves, thighs, leg length, chest, belly etc...but now I can't even find them on the web...

Boss

Cabelllas makes almost everything in up to 4XL

Dear Tom,

I had a pair of stocking foot neoprenes custom made by Simms, and I had a pair of boot foot neoprenes custom made by a company called Benik. My brother also had Benik make him a pair of waders. I think that Benik is from Idaho? They made all sorts of things out of neoprene and waders were pretty much a sideline.

As of two or three years ago Benik was still making custom neoprene waders because a buddy bought a pair for steelhead fishing.

Regards,

Dear Tom,

Here is a link for Benik in case you or anyone else wants to check with them about custom neoprene waders for steelheading.

http://www.benik.com/

They are in Washington state, I knew they were up there somewhere?

Regards,

Dear afish,

Yeah, I bought them from Bob. He always knew where to get the good stuff.

Like I said I don't know if Benik is still in the wader business since I haven't bothered to refer anyone to them for a couple of years but if they are and anyone is in the market for custom bootfoot neoprenes I will strongly recommend them.

I got about 7 or 8 years out of the pair they make for me and they were my sole waders except for a pair of Hodgeman hippers until I bought breathables in 1997.

Regards,

Back