Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: What type of sole do you use for your wading boots? Poll

been wearing the aquastealths (simms l2) and they are OK. lately in SE PA we've been getting the ground warm up from the sun and soften the upper layers making mud on ice. i've landed on my ass three times in the last two weeks. I even sprained my neck from doing so (hurt for like three days) - i'm getting old. anyway - i'm putting screws in the boots and never not using studs no matter what. even in boulder fields - there may be a slight slip with the studs on dry rocks they always catch.
also have orvis battenkill felt studded. for the money, simms flet studded freestones are the best boot on the market ($110)
i just had orvis gift certs last time i got new boots.

Posted on: 2008/1/26 21:02

From SE PA
felt for local streams and most of trout season

Simms guide boot ----- studded aquastealth for winter steelhead / salmon............also wear them when snow is on the ground

Posted on: 2008/1/26 21:23

From Chambersburg
I have korkers so I switch out for different situations. Usually though just the felt sole in the summers and either rubber or rubber cleated in the winter.

....A bad day fishing is better than a good day working!!!

Posted on: 2008/2/17 19:17

From Suburban Pittsburgh
Right now I've got felt with studs. My next pair will more than likely be Aquastealth with studs.

Posted on: 2008/2/17 22:28

I have Simms Guides; one pair studded felts, and one pair studded Aquastealth. I really liked the Aquastealth better than the felts, and then two years ago, I installed additional tungsten studs on the Aquastealth, and NOW do I have a pair of great boots. The tungsten studs which Simms sells are screw heads, whereas the original studs in the boots were small pins. The additional screw heads did the trickl.

Posted on: 2008/2/24 8:25

From LV
I prefer felt, but will eventually change to some other material if it becomes available. The reason I'll change is that felt moves bad thing like whirling disease and dydmo to other streams and I don't always have the stuff I need to clean them up properly.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 7:46

From Chicago, IL
Regular ole felt for me. Would like to have some studs. My next pair will have studs, especially fishing in the winter.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 22:03

From Erie Co.
Simms Guide Studded Aquastealth hands down the best sole foe NWPA, snow, ice, mud, and even slimy rocks. A little more slippery on Oil Creek than Felt with studs but still better than just plain felts. These boots have lasted me now almost three years. Sole is not worn, this sole is durable, topside is warn, and will be the probable failing point. Down side is few boots out there with studded Aquastealth being made.
CRB

Posted on: 2008/3/5 11:42

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
104 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com