Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: What's in or on your vest?

From York
I use a lanyard to carry the important tools, straight hemos, knot tying tool, leatherman micro (instead of clippers) and a fly dryer/leader straightener.
I really like using the lanyard, everything has it's place and is almost impossible to loose.
I still use a vest, except for when it is really hot. In the vest I carry a thermometer, tippet, extra leaders, flyboxes.

Posted on: 2007/1/20 10:51

From Bucks County or Bridgeville
I pretty much carry al the same "stuff"as everyone else. I do always carry a net on me, because I lost a few fish that I could have landed if I had a net with me. The net that I carry is cheap, under $15 I beleive, it folds into a figure 8 then gets stored into a holster. The net isn't that large, but I have landed plenty of Steelhead in it. This net is made right here in PA: http://www.gudebrod.com/fishing2005/Accessories.htm

Some members mentioned insect repellant and it reminded me of a ruined line that I have. DO NOT get deet on your line. Wash your hands as best as you can before you start to fish after applying the repellant.

Posted on: 2007/1/20 14:49

From Blair County
I carry about 12 fly boxes on me plus all the mormal stuff as the guys say . I can say a chest pack is nice . I wear one and my vest .. But i fish 5 out 7 days a week .. I f you plan on going away from the car a distance , you need to have room for food and water . I also carry markers pantone to be exact , to change colors on my flies its a quick fix during a hatch ....

Posted on: 2007/1/20 23:14

From Altoona, PA
I use a Richardson Chest Box. i use that to carry the "generals" and flies I use more-or-less year round (terrestrials, miges, streamers, nymphs, attractors). They have holders for a tube of floatant and a small flashlight. The upside of a chestbox is that they hold a lot of flies in a very compact box. The dowside is that it's a pain to switch out those flies, and that they don't hold anything else. So, I added some additional storage...

I added a small pouch on the front myself. In that, I have 4x, 5x and 6x tippet, some soft lead weight, some strike putty. I clip my hemstats (I like the kind that have scissors and flat jaws, so that I don't have to carry a nipper or switch tools to prep a fly) to the harness for the chest box. I have a net on a magnetic clip off the back (it is handy and balances the weight of the box).

I put a small pouch (this is close, but not the exact match) on the belt. In that, I carry flyboxes that I use for "match-the-hatch" flies. I also carry the things I don't use to frequently, sink paste for wet flies, backup hemostats. I can also carry a snack or some water in this. I carry 3x and 7x tippet in there and a backup on 5x. I rarely use the 3 and 7, and go through a LOT of 5. Occassionally, I put my camera in there too, but I struggle with this as I am told fishing with a camera is bad luck.

My fishin' buddy Paul G and I used to carry walkie talkies. I got tired of this, as it's depressing enough to hear how badly he outfished me at the end of the day... I don't need to hear it all through the day too.

PS: I'm from Harrisburg also. While I am recooping from an accident, I don't think I'll be fishing much. But if you would like to get some info on local streams, drop me a note. Also, check out the local TU chapter, www.DFTU.org. I've been very active in the past and had a great time. Nice group of guys and a lot of good work.

Posted on: 2007/1/21 9:03

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com