Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: WF 3 wt. floating fly line opinions

I agree 100% with Maurice and I maybe able to out cheap him with equally good results. There are factory second lines floating DT & WF at $9.50 ea, full sinking at $9.50 ea, and sink tips at $10.50 ea. Order them at http://www.fortackle.com/order/Catego ... ParentCategorySystemId=17. They're in Denver and been in business for over 10 years. I have this line in 3 4 5 6. It is excellent line. Very durable and easy to cast. I've been using them for 10 years and they are still in excellent shape with very little care on my part. When other fly fishers cast this line, they say it casts and floats like $60.00 line. Of course this is before I tell them the price. Subsequently, they have also purchased this line with equally good results. It is made by Northern Sport in Guelph, Ontario Canada. They private label fly lines for many others, esp. Orvis. It is sold in the US under the name Aquanova, but hard to find. I was turned on to this line many years ago by the old time regulars fishing the Little Lehigh; they all used and loved it. It was sold by Dale Clemens in Allentown before the store was closed by their owners Gudebrod. Trust me you have nothing to lose and will be pleasantly surprised and smiling after you begin using it.
Tight lines, Larry

Posted on: 2009/3/1 2:42

Oh, BTW, while I'm at being cheap, here are 2 excellent articles on Fly line winders from our friends at Fly Anglers Online. http://www.flyanglersonline.com/. then just search for fly line winders. I got my reel at Wally's for $6.85 Home Depot was 7.95. And used the spring loaded clips screwed into a plywood base to hold my old fly rod handle and clips to hold the electric cord reel so I could use more the 1 cord reel.
Tight lines, Larry
P.S. On fly fishing stuff I'm also tight with money. Not just lines. Don't get me started on the ridiculous prices and bullshit about large arbor reels.

Posted on: 2009/3/1 2:58

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
I have some 3wt, for under 30.00 here

Posted on: 2009/3/2 7:09

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..

From Lewistown
If it's for brook trout -- buy cheap!

Posted on: 2009/3/2 8:02

From Wellsboro, PA
Bob,
What 3 wt. line do you have thats under $30?

Posted on: 2009/3/2 9:49

From Pittsburgh
I bought a 3 wght DT Orvis wonder line - 3 years ago. Just checking it out recently, I found a few cracks in the last couple feet above the leader. So I just turned it around, and should be good for another 2-3 years out of it.
I paid $30 for that line then - which was supposed to be half off the list price. However, I'm still seeing them them selling for the same price. I also have several other wonderlines that have held up quite well

Posted on: 2009/3/2 10:14

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
120 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com