Weird barbless hooks

mute

mute

http://www.ouchlesslures.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=77&category_id=12&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59

dunno what to think

ouch.

I don't tie. Is $.35 per hook expensive?

If you're that concerned about losing fish, why remove the barb?

About 40-50 years ago my dad's fishing buddy tied barbless flies on hooks just like that. I think they are the "old style" barbless.

Interesting. I didn't think they were still for sale. This is the first time I've seen them in decades. Thanks for posting!

I believe FS is correct, they were/are the "old style" barbless hooks. I remember seeing them back in the 70's. Damn, I'm old!

Typically 100 hooks are around $10-15.... so yeah they're expensive.

Mute I have som old hooks like that and they were bought from Herters a long time ago. I never liked them i thought the wire was too flexable. Chucke

Ancient hooks from my childhood.lol

I'd like to hear from somebody who tried them out, how do they perform and any other likes/dislikes.

When I shaved some of dad's flys and used them on a handline with bread for chubs, they worked great! I was not popular that week. That was about 35 years ago. I think dad's gotten over it, but he does bring it up from time to time. :roll:

Back