Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Wading boots bottoms

From Banshee
Getting ready to buy a new pair of wading boots but before I do I'd like some advise on the bottoms. Looks like there is at least four choices. Felt, studded felt, rubber and studded rubber What are your preferences and why. I'm replacing a pair of felt boots with Velcro strap buckles (which always came undone)

Posted on: 2013/7/6 13:32

Re: Wading boots bottoms

From SW PA/Tioga
I currently have studded rubber. Before theseI have always had studded felt. The studs make up for the fact that I do not carry a wading staff. The felt vs rubber is about a wash for me. Felt may be better on wet rocks and rubber may better on dry rocks.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 13:41

From Newville, PA
I've always been a felt guy, but I feel just as comfortable traction wise with studded rubber. When I purchased a pair of Korker Metalheads last year, I thought for sure I would be ordering a set of felt soles, but the studded rubber changed my mind about felt.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 21:14

From Lansdale
This is my first year with studded rubber LL Bean West Branch boots. I feel more secure in every water I wade. Don't forget a wading staff.

Posted on: 2013/7/7 5:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com