Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Waders and Wading Boots

From Pittsburgh, PA
I own the Simms G3 convertible waders and RiverTek boots with the BOA. I think they are absolutely bulletproof. I wish they made Duckhunting waders still...

I have used high end Orvis, Cabelas, and now Simms waders. I like the Simms the best by far and I fish about 100 days a year.

I think Cabelas has the best return policy on Waders though.

Posted on: 2012/9/8 11:24

From Solanco, PA
korkers....hiked miles of the appliachian trail through shanandoah national park va. for 5 days, and that was 2 years ago. still got em, still top notch

Posted on: 2012/9/8 12:49

From Parkesburg
Just an update on the Simms Boa boots and G3 Convertible waders that I sent in to be evaluated and repaired.

Simms replaced the boots and upgraded me to the Guide Boots. They also did major repairs on my waders... I cannot believe that they were actually able to repair the waders since they had so much damage but they held up pretty good for me this past weekend. I don't know how long the waders are going to hold up, maybe only through the winter.

Posted on: 2012/9/18 17:34

From Eastern PA
I was going to advise that when you buy simms waders and register them with simms they send you an email at the end of the first year and will make any repairs free of charge, even rips.

Posted on: 2012/9/18 18:04

From Parkesburg
Thanks Jdaddy, did not know that... they repaired the waders free of charge. I am okay with how it is working out.

Posted on: 2012/9/18 18:33

From Philadelphia PA
I have a pair of Frogtogs....Got holes in them within a year....I still used them for quite some time. Was watching TV commercials about the "Flexable Rubber in a can." (That's the one that they spray the screen door and put it in the bottom of a boat and show it doesn't leak.) and thought... I'd try it out to see if it would work with waders. the truth is it did stop many of the leaks, but not all, and it made the waders really stiff and difficult to put on.
So if your thinking about this idea. Remember you heard it from me first.

Posted on: 2012/9/20 12:26
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Clearwater II. Stay Fishing MF

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Sweet. Waders patched with rubber in a can. That's style, man. 2 respect points to you. :)

Posted on: 2012/9/20 16:28

From Parkesburg
My backup waders are Froggtoggs... I swear the first pair that I owned leaked the first time I set foot on the water and I don't mean a small leak.... no the entire right leg of my wader filled up with water. Sent them in under warranty and the new pair leaked badly after 3-4 outings.

I am pretty much done with Froggtoggs forever. I have heard other people have had good experiences with them. I wish I could say my experience was good.

Posted on: 2012/9/21 21:44

From Lehigh Valley
silicone sealant in a tube will also work in a pinch, but it will eventually peel up.

Posted on: 2012/9/21 22:56

From Lansdale
My Frog Toggs have held up well for two years, maybe 100 trips. Only one really off trails, but that's where I got the pinholes. The Aquaseal has worked really well for a year, except some of the repairs began to peal within the last month.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 5:33

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
103 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com