Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Wadders and Boots

From Lambertville
Well, the Cabela's waist-highs arrived about a 2 hrs ago. They fit great and are easy to get on and off. They seem well constructed but my only prior experience is with cheap Hodgmans. For $119 I'm happy especially if I get at least two years out of them.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 14:11

From Johnstown, PA
I have for awhile now 6 yrs gotten away with Cabellas breathable stocking foot hippers with velcro wading shoes FELT sole and gravel guards they were on sale for 60 bucks as a combo , i bought everything on the big side so if i need warmer stuff it can go underneath. How often here in Pa do we really need more than hip boots we should stay out of the water as much as possible anyhow.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 14:58

From Lambertville
I prefer stocking foot hip boots but I could not find any I liked. Hodgman stopped selling them. Orivs and Cabelas only have them without gravel guards and Frogg Toggs, which have a gravel guard have a warning about the ankle being too tight.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 16:29

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
While I might rarely go above the depth of hippers, when I wear em, I very commonly get a wet rear end, or else end up looking like I wet myself. I do a lot of squatting. Plus you have those times where your foot slips down a rock and you get your leg in a roughly parallel position to the water. And, when walking between pools at a decent rate, lots of splashing.

I've have the hippers but have taken to wearing chesties even on brookie streams. But waste highs make a lot of sense for most streams, so long as you're also willing to keep a pair of chesties for the big waters.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 10:02

From Lehigh Vally
Just used my waders from LL Bean for the first time today. (boot and stocking foot waisties)
OMG I will never consider going to full rubber boot waders ever again.
The last pair rubber boot waders I had always felt "sloppy" when I wore them (not to mention the quick leaks and dry rot)
Well worth the investment. (around 200.00 for the set)

Posted on: 2012/5/5 22:14

From Lambertville
I can't wear boot foot waders b/c I have arthritis in my left foot. Stocking foot with boots are much better for your feet. I used my Cabelas $119 waist highs for the first time yesterday. They are very comfortable and easy to take off. I hate taking off stocking foot waders.

Posted on: 2012/5/6 10:11

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com