Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Vest or Pack

I have a simms headwaters chest pack and purchased a fishpond vest/pack combo for trips where I needed a ton of gear and carry water+lunch. I like chest packs because they force you to go light and minimal, but having the wasatch tech vest is soooo much more comfortable for a long day of fishing. Plus I can carry my smallie streamer box and my one-two trout boxes, plus lunch, plus rain coat, plus spare gloves, plus water, plus spare rod if i wanted. Tons of room and it distributes the weight nicely. Oh, and it has a latch point to attach my net. One thing chest packs lack. I like to go light when i can(spring creek for example, i know I am only fishing scuds, PTs, midges, and the dry for the season), but being a complete tank and having the world at your finger tips isnt such a bad thing either(yough, where I could carry my 7wt with fast sink tip for fishing streamers, swap spools for a floating line, switch to a 5wt for more precise dry fishing or nymphing. This is the water where you really need it all)

Posted on: 2012/11/26 22:39

From Morrisville
Quote:

wgmiller wrote:
For you guys that are using the Orvis sling, are you able to attach a landing net to it? I'm really contemplating making the switch to the sling...

You can. My friend has the "Orvis" brand and between the two of us we have 3 cheaper designs all the same basic idea. My problems is all the weight is on one shoulder and thats my casting arm. After fishing for awhile my shoulder is killing me. Same issue I had with surf style plug bags but with those I have a belt to relieve some weight. They do carry alot of stuff just not the home made boxes for the super large 6-8" flies for stripers.

Posted on: 2012/11/27 17:21

From Landenberg PA
Has anyone used a Fishpond Waterdance pack with a "normal" day pack type back back? I'm think about getting a Fishpond for hikes but I'll need a backback for all day adventures.

Posted on: 2012/11/30 10:14

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I wear a Richardson. No vest. Typically no pack. It has solved the back issues I used to have while fishing.

There are always a few things in my wader pocket. Key's, tippet, shot. I'll also wear a waste pack on some backcountry excursions, primarily to carry drinks and a lunch.

Posted on: 2012/11/30 10:43

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com