Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: tying equipment

From Southeast PA
Tom, I was formulating a smart@$$ response and you nipped it in the bud! But I wouldn't be surprised to see someone doing it on the expressway on the way to work someday.... While looking at a pattern on their Blackberry.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 12:34

From Greensburg, PA
I had to go to Downtown Pgh last week and i bet I could have gotten a half dozen of something tied on the pkwy East as long as it took.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 12:39

From Bozeman
I use the cabela's tool kit and I have no problems with it.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 13:30

From Southeast PA
This may just be a variation of what has already been said, but I think the best advice for newbies, for any kind of fly fishing equipment, is to get inexpensive but not "cheap" stuff to start. This means stuff that is in the lower or mid price range and is sold by companies who specialize in fly fishing or at least outdoors sporting goods (as in fly shops or places like Cabelas). Avoid the cheapest stuff you can get at places like Wal-mart. There may be exceptions, depending on what you're buying, but you don't want to get something that falls apart real soon or takes away from the enjoyment of the activity. Then as you get to understand what it's all about and get more experience, you will know better and if you want to spend more money and on what.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 14:01

From Bozeman
Well put, Wulff man.

Also, the help of a knowledgable salesperson is huge. Don't discount their advice. This is why a good fly shop is well worth the mark-up.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 14:03

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com