toughest wading boot laces?

D

DJBerg

So I've had a pair or korkers kgb wading boots for 2 months or so now and have had tbem in the water probably 30-40 times, I've got lovely skinny long elf feet sk they are super tight at all times.

But yesterday I broke a lace already, so they look like standard hiking boots laces. Any one have any tougher recomendations?

Make a set of laces from para cord. The first boot mfg to use para cord laces or any laces that last more than half a season will get my undying loyalty.

My brother uses hockey skate laces on his, and they hold up well better than any of the laces I've tried!

thanks guys both great ideas! and both known for really high strength.

I've had a set that i made from para cord for 3 years and they are still in perfect shape.

The replacement laces from simms seem to be tougher than the laces they put on their boots from factory. It's a good money racket for them.

The original laces get chewed up in less than a year but the replacements last 3 times as long.

Boot laces are a pet peeve of mine. You spend up to several hundred dollars on a pair of boots and the stock laces aren't designed to hold up in the environment the boots are used in. Bought a pair of Patagonia laces to try out but the past cord suggestion should work.

Code:
The replacement laces from simms seem to be tougher than the laces they put on their boots from factory. It's a good money racket for them.

+1 I've gotten 3 years of tough use out of the Simms replacement laces.

What is & where do you get para cord?

parachute cord, ussually army navy surplus type joints. i'm either doing that or hockey laces havent decided will probably procratinate for a while. and do it once i have 6 or 7 repair knots in them lol

You can get paracord at craft stores now. Kids are using it to make bracelets.

Simms replacement laces are the best I've found. They last and they don't seem to freeze in the winter like other laces do. I have a spare spare set in my kit at all times, just in case someone else needs them too.

+1 on paracord. I use it for replacement laces and its cheap and works great.

Back