Sage SLT 2 pc 5wt 9'
Orvis 4pc 5 wt 8'6"
Winston 5 pc LT 4wt 8'3"
Cabela's 2 pc Fish Eagle PT 3wt 8'

Attachments

• The Line Up.JPG
    The Line Up.JPG
    863.9 KB · Views: 6
An old LLBean 5wt, and old Corland 3wt...three I made myself (6ft 2wt, 9ft 6wt, 7ft 3/4 wt) and a Cabelas 4pc 8wt. And they're sleeping so I'm not waking them up to take their picture.

OK this is embarrassing... I should never have gotten this many rods. I mean, there are starving kids who need the money more than tackleshops do! Anyway, here we go:

8wt Sage RPL+
8wt Clouser Legend Ultra (won a FlyFishing Museum auction)
6wt, made it myself
5wts: 3 Bamboos, 1 a gift, two won in raffles A Scott Helioply, a Winston WT (won at a TU Banquet), A Basspro Clearwater Classic (my wife bought this for me, and it's still a favorite)
3wt: and Orvis blank I built out myself (and did a terrible job, but it's perhaps my favorite)
2wt: an Orvis superfine won at a TU banquet. Nice, nice rod, but 2 wt is a little too light to be versitile. (IMHO)

8'6'' TFO professional 4wt
7'6'' Versitex custom 3wt
9' Loomis GL3 5wt (built this one)
9' St. Croix 9wt. I forget the exact model. I got it from a member of this board to fish the salmon run. It sees its first action on thursday.

2 wt - Scott F series 6'6"
3 wt - Winston WT - 7'
4 wt - Orvis Superfine "Flea" - 6'
4 wt - Scott G2 - 7'7"
5 wt - St. Croix - Legend Ultra - 9'
9 wt - TFO TiCRX - 9'

3 wt TFO 8’6” Pro
4 wt TFO 9’ TiCR
5 wt TFO 10’ Pro
5 wt Winston 7’6” Vapor
8 wt TFO 9’ TiCR

I was pretty much focused on TFO but just picked up the Winston. Was on sale and I tried casting it. My hand just wouldn't let go so I was forced to buy it.

1-Sage SPL 8'2" 2wht 3pc
2-Sage SP 8'9" 3wht 5pc
3-Orvis Clearwater 7'6"3wht 2pc
4-Performance 9' 3wht 2pc (for sale)
5-Orvis Clearwater 6'6" 4wht 2pc
6-Orvis Clearwater 7'9" 5wht 2pc
7-Diamondback 8'6" 5wht 2pc
8-StCroix 9' 7wht 2pc
9-Grandson has an 8' 3wht 2pc Native rod that is mine !

2 wt. 6.5 foot 2 piece Cabelas Traditional
3 wt. 9 foot 2 piece Redington FSF
4 wt. 8 foot 2 piece Gander Mountain Premier
5 wt. 9 foot 4 piece Okuma Guide Select
6 wt. 9 foot 4 piece Gander Mountain Premier
8 wt. 9 foot 2 piece Scientific Anglers (Walmart El Cheapo)

Call me a cheapskate, but I have yet to spend a hundred dollars on a rod. My feeling is that a variety of inexpensive rods is better than one or two high quality rods. Now that I have a breadth of rods I'll probably begin upgrading individual rods over time. Hmm, maybe a 7 1/2 foot 3 weight?

Alby...Talk to me before you buy one of those...I have two...one fast one slower..you could choose.

Even tho' I agree that rod prices are getting ridiculous........ after all, there's only SO MUCH one can DO with graphite, Boran and glass, I can't agree, either, with "owing a bunch on inexpensive rods, is better than owning 1 or 2, high priced ones.
When I started out, in this sport, (when fiberglass was the "new age-fly rod material"), I would beat my arms and wrist to death, casting the cheaper rods, but wasn't away of it at the time. I just thought "So, THIS is "fly fishing"!?!
However, when I saved enough to buy a really GOOD fly rod, then eventually got into GOOD quality graphites........... I could not believe how much easier it was to cast, how little effort it took, to learn and master new casts, etc. To me, anyway, there's a world of difference in enjoying this sport, when the equipment you use is of good quality. NOT "top of the line", or even "The most expensive", just GOOD quality and GOOD quality cost more than $100.00.
Anyhoooooo................... that said..........................
6wt. 10'-Thomas & Thomas
5wt. 9'-Thomas & Thomas
5wt. 9'-Sage XP
4wt. 9' Sage XP
3wt. 9' IM700
4wt. 9' IM700
5wt. 9' Sage 4-pc. (travel rod)
4wt. 9' Sage 4-pc.(travel rod)
"Orvis One Weight"
3wt/4wt/5wt.s I've built myself on Lamiglass, Winston, Sage and Scott blanks. (5 rods total)

I have to correct my post. I provided incorrect specs on one rod.

Sage SLT 2 pc 5wt 9'

Should read as SAGE SLT 4 pc 5 wt 9'

Seems as though fly rods are like Lay's potato chips. Can't just have one.

ps I had to check myself on the spelling of potato, since I did not want to end up like Dan Quayle. Good day to all flyfishers!

well, it seems that I may have the smallest and cheapest line up.

1. Eagle Claw Super Light 6' 4/5wt
2. Eagle Claw Granger 9' 8/9wt
3. Cabelas Prestige 8'6" 6wt
4. Shakespeare rod 7'6" 5wt
5. Orvis Streamline 8'6" 4wt

Thats all I have now but I would like to find a smaller rod in a 3wt for trout fishing. I think my 4/5wt is a little over kill.

CAMBYSES:
After your done spray lacquering your cat, for messing up your tying station project and causing you to start over................... you mention "getting something, smaller, for trout than your 6'-4/5 wt.
I don't know if anything shorter than that 6 footer would be any better, and fishing it with a 4wt. should be plenty small/light enough!? In fact, seeing that you also list an Orvis 8'-6" 4 wt. that, alone to me anyway, would be an ideal trout rod! Unless, of course, your trout are running in the 4" range!? (note my own, avatar and the monsters that I go up against!?). If anything, try a 3wt. on that Orvis rod, it should handle it nicely, and save buying a new rod!
(God, what am I SAYING? There's NO good reason, NOT to buy a new fly rod!?)

I thought all about that, but my concern is that my fiancee is gonna find this post and be convinced that a new rod is out of the question. LOL.

The 6' is really nice and easy to move around in heavy growth, but it is very cheap and bright yellow! I was looking for something in the 6'-7' range and of better quality.

Loomis IMX 7-1/2’ 4 weight, 3 piece AWESOME ROD!
Winston BIIx 9’ 5 weight, 4 piece,
Winston Ibis 9’, 9 weight, 4 piece
Winston LT, 8’9” 5 weight, 5 piece
Fenwick FF756-4, 7-1/2’, 5 weight
Loomis GL4, 9’, 6 weight, 2 piece
McFarland, 7’, 3/1, 3 weight

Eagle Claw #5, 8 ft.
JackM* #3, 9 ft.
JackM* #5, 9 ft.
Quarrow #6, 9 ft.
JackM** Banty Bamboo #3, 6 ft.

*Homemade graphite construction.
** Homemade modified production bamboo.

Ok, here goes...

My whopping collection.

Orvis Clearwater 7'9" 5/6wt

I know, I know you can never have enough rods. I'm working on it.

Mike

Back