Stocking Foot or Boot Foot?

S

shultzy501

Let's try another poll about boots! Do you prefer stocking foot or boot foot waders?

I have both, but prefer the stocking foots. They take a little while longer to put on, but are much more comfortable.

I have stocking foot. I think they are more comfortable and adjile when walking a lot. Even though some of the new boot foots look fairly comfortable.

I prefer stocking foot because you can mix and match brands considering I like certain waders and certain brands of boots.

Stocking foot get the nod for me. All about comfort and support.

JH

Stocking foot is soooo much more comfortable!

I'm told the boot foot style is much warmer, and you need bootfoot if you are going to fish in the surf. Since I never fished in the surf and winter fishing was never big on my list of favorites... stocking foot it is.

Padraic wrote:
you need bootfoot if you are going to fish in the surf.

Having only done this is summer in sneakers...why is that?

I'm guessing the sand getting in the boots can really be a pain.

Not only that, but I'd imagine it would be easy to lose a boot or two.

That's my guess, anyway.

For me, stocking foot all the way.

sand is a big issue. Also usually there is no hardware to rust or fall apart on boot foots.

If a stocking foot starts leaking you have a chance of repairing it. If the boot leaks I wouldn't have any idea how to fix it.

I'll be a dissenting voice. I've been wearing a pair of Orvis Silver Label bootfoot waders for a long time. In fact I just bought my second pair last month (I bought my first pair in 2000 and they still are useable- 8 years is excellent for breathables IMO). They are extremely comfortable, and I find the boots to be plenty supportive. I am not one to stand in one place either; I often walk several miles in an outing. I've never had a problem, and they are definitely warmer than stockingfoot waders. I don't think all bootfoots are created equally though; the Orvis boots fit very well compared to most I've worn in the past.

I am still nursing a high ankle sprain that I got wearing my boot foot waders back in November.

I just purchased some stocking foot waders and wading boots. I've used them twice and I can feel much more ankle support.

lostboy wrote:
I am still nursing a high ankle sprain that I got wearing my boot foot waders back in November.

Waders...yeah right that's the ticket...probably be on IR for 4-6 right?...(don't worry Sidney, I won't tell anyone you post here)... ;-)

lol. I can picture it now. Slip on a rock, flop on your face, throw your hands up in the air, point at the rock and cry like a baby.

Shortly thereafter, Hatcher comes up and gives you a facewash.

Oh cindy.

Btw, flyers in OT. Yeah!

I prefer the stocking feet and a wading boot with good support. However, those boot feet waders with lace up boots look appealing. I will have to test some of those.

I've got the stocking foot in a 3mm but I also have a 5mm for cold weather wading. I know it's warmer, but if its as warm as the bootfoots...I couldn't tell ya.
I had done alot of surf fishing and got sand, but never to the point that it hindered my movement or damaged the waders or boots...Chasin' stripers you are not just walkin long distances, but you'll do some serious sprinting when they start busting baitfish 100 meters downshore from you.

I like the comfort and support I get with stockingfoots. The only draw back is that if you're fishing in the winter months they're not as warm in the boot as bootfoots are. Good layering goes a long way though. I'll take the trade off any day.

Back