Source for spare Pflueger spools?

salmonoid

salmonoid

Does anyone have a good source for cheap spare Pflueger spools? Obviously, they can be bought just about anywhere, but the situation I have is I lucked into a couple of Pflueger President reels at a very reasonable price. The seller did not have any spare spools available, and after looking around a bit, I'm having a struggle and hard time paying more for a spare spool than I did for the reel :) The cheapest place I have found spools for the Presidents is on Ebay, but they are still $60 there. Just hoping someone out there knows of a local fly shop that is trying to unload excess inventory (yeah right!) or knows a private individual who might have some to sell..

Well, sometimes luck smiles upon me. I was in a Cabelas recently and I almost always stroll through the Bargain Cave. I don't know why; most of the time, the stuff that is there isn't priced all that great, and of course, if I'm looking for something specific, whatever there doesn't match. However, on this particular trip, I was about ready to leave and saw a couple of baskets up on the counter with labels on them. One was labled "Spare Fly Spools". I thumbed through the spools, and wouldn't you know it - there was a Pflueger President 2034 spare spool priced at $5.09. It was supposed to have a 30% discount on top of that, but the clerk apparently missed it and actually charged me $5.99 instead. However, I was pleased :) Also picked up a nice Snowpeak Titanium mug for about 50% off. So almost three years after buying the reel itself, I now have the spare spool I was looking for.

That was a lucky break. My local Cabela's bargain cave seems to specialize in selling broken stuff at 5% off list price. Of course, that doesn't stop me from always walking thru it when I'm in the store. Your post provides hope of someday finding something useful in the Cave.

is there more than one cabelas in pa ????

sandfly wrote:
is there more than one cabelas in pa ????

WV and CT might be closer depending on where you are. Well, WV for sure.

http://www.cabelas.com/store-locations.shtml

The Hamburg store's bargin cave has come through for me a couple of times, but it tends to be spotty... doesn't stop me from hitting it every time I go. Someone's loss is my gain.

Back