Sceintific Angler L2L connectors

ok1morecast

ok1morecast

Anyone have experience with this new line to leader system?

seen them before...not really new but while they may be great, I don't know if I would trust them. Your mileage may vary...

I don't recall specifically seeing these ones, but I've seen a few different kinds of line to leader connections. I like the welded loops in the fly lines, if not that, I'll stick to the nail knot. Tried true and trusted.

I have previously used the L2L connecters and I have never had a problem with them failing or releasing on me. I have caught numerous steelhead on them when I went to school up towards erie and they always seemed to hold up. I would say that I prefer a standard nail knot when dry fly fishing because those connecters tend to slap the water pretty hard, but on the other hand if you are high stick nymphing those connecter serve as a great strick indicator. Good luck and keep the reels screaming.

thank you fellas! I'm just not a loop kinda guy, normally use the standard ole nail knot but thought I'd give them a shot...thought about the strike indicater as well saves me a few pinch ons, styrofoam or thingamabobbers.... tight lines all!

Back