Ross Rx Rods?

nittspike

nittspike

Just saw that Cabela's is selling the Ross Rx for $179-$189. Was thinking about picking up a 5wt as a backup. Anyone own or cast this model and can offer any opinions? I heard good things about the FC but nothing on the Rx.

Thanks,
John

The RX for that much? I think it is like $305 orig, so thats a great deal. Ok, I will preface this with the fact that I received my 5wt RX at a deep discount, but it rocks. For $179, you will not match that rod. Great fast action rod that feels so precise. My got my 5wt in december and have fished it 5-6 times. I have the SA indicator nymph line on it and I couldnt be happier with its performance. I primarily fish nymphs and streamers, so this rod is built for my purposes. I cant comment on fishing dries with it. I only have a loomis nrx 7wt to compare it to, so I cant give you an accurate substitute for the RX.

Aesthetically, me likey. The copper finish is nice. Have I convinced you yet? Seriously, at that price its a great rod.

Thanks PWK...I was just not sure since i know you should test cast and I don't have that option. Nearest dealer is quite a bit away. I could always return it. I did happen to cast a Loomis Pro4X which falls in the original price range and it was a nice stick as well.

Tight Lines!
John

Back