Risen Fly Boxes

stal42

stal42

Just wanted to give a quick review of the new fly boxes from Risen Fly that I grabbed about 2 weeks ago.

Seeing the silly-low price I couldn't help but grab one of each to see if they would work for me. I placed my order online and paid via paypal. Order shipped the next morning and I received the very next day (the benefit of dealing with a local company).

When I opened the package and inspected the boxes, I couldn't have beeen happier. I ordered one of each type currently offered--the clear and the swing leaf. I have similar boxes to each of these already and I can honestly say that I can't notice a quality difference between these boxes and the ones I purchased from the big name boys for almost 4 times the price. I actually prefer the swing leaf offered by Risen to another swing leaf I own. The more expensive one has a swing leaf that really doesn't swing all the way out, making it hard to access flies on the back side. This one has full movement and everything is easy to get to. The latching mechanisms seem well built and should stand up to constant opening and closing, which I think would be the primary point of failure on any fly box.

Moral of the story is this...if you need a box or two get in touch with Ryan. For the money, I don't think you can beat these boxes. I only have my iPhone on me here at work, and I keep the studio dimly lit, so please excuse the below average photos of the boxes. I just started filling one of them so you will see some flies in there as well....

Thanks again, Ryan. Hopefully I'll be ordering up a reel soon too!

Heath

IMG_1238_zps8d568abf.jpg

IMG_1239_zpsda89f5c5.jpg

IMG_1241_zps2e528a15.jpg

IMG_1243_zpse310b378.jpg

IMG_1244_zpsc70ddf82.jpg

IMG_1245_zpsba1b5b7c.jpg

IMG_1246_zps6000715c.jpg

Thanks for the review Heath!

The good news is that we're getting happy customers all over the place telling us the same story about our boxes, the bad news is that we sold out in 2 weeks! There's a large order to our manufacturer in and we should have them back in our inventory in about 4-6 weeks. Hope some of you can wait that long!

Should have put in for these earlier ;)

I agree....great boxes for the money.! Getting mine set up tonight so I can hit the water this weekend!!

nice looking boxes!!

risen is a great company.

Back