Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Risen Fly Boxes

From Pittsburgh, PA
Just wanted to give a quick review of the new fly boxes from Risen Fly that I grabbed about 2 weeks ago.

Seeing the silly-low price I couldn't help but grab one of each to see if they would work for me. I placed my order online and paid via paypal. Order shipped the next morning and I received the very next day (the benefit of dealing with a local company).

When I opened the package and inspected the boxes, I couldn't have beeen happier. I ordered one of each type currently offered--the clear and the swing leaf. I have similar boxes to each of these already and I can honestly say that I can't notice a quality difference between these boxes and the ones I purchased from the big name boys for almost 4 times the price. I actually prefer the swing leaf offered by Risen to another swing leaf I own. The more expensive one has a swing leaf that really doesn't swing all the way out, making it hard to access flies on the back side. This one has full movement and everything is easy to get to. The latching mechanisms seem well built and should stand up to constant opening and closing, which I think would be the primary point of failure on any fly box.

Moral of the story is this...if you need a box or two get in touch with Ryan. For the money, I don't think you can beat these boxes. I only have my iPhone on me here at work, and I keep the studio dimly lit, so please excuse the below average photos of the boxes. I just started filling one of them so you will see some flies in there as well....

Thanks again, Ryan. Hopefully I'll be ordering up a reel soon too!

Heath

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2013/3/1 11:13

Re: Risen Fly Boxes

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Thanks for the review Heath!

The good news is that we're getting happy customers all over the place telling us the same story about our boxes, the bad news is that we sold out in 2 weeks! There's a large order to our manufacturer in and we should have them back in our inventory in about 4-6 weeks. Hope some of you can wait that long!

Posted on: 2013/3/1 11:32

Use code "paff" for 15% off.

From Portage, PA
Should have put in for these earlier ;)

Posted on: 2013/3/1 12:54

From Bucks County
I agree....great boxes for the money.! Getting mine set up tonight so I can hit the water this weekend!!

Posted on: 2013/3/1 15:19

From philadelphia
nice looking boxes!!

risen is a great company.

Posted on: 2013/3/3 15:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
120 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com