Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Recommendation on a New Outfit

From Philadelphia PA
Check with Ratgunner and see what he has. And if you still need some recommendations:

I use my Orvis Clearwater II 7.6 3wt all the time on small creeks.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 10:39
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Newville, PA
Agree 100% with Pcray. A heavier line, IMO,,will generally throw a tighter loop with less effort. Both are necessary on brookie streams as tighter loops keep you from hanging up as much and the reduced effort really pays off after a long day on the water.

I was slictly a 3wt guy for small water stuff. I was testing rods looking to a 6' or 6'6" brookie rod. With a 6' 3wt Orvis Trout Bum, my loops were so large that my newbie friend was able to see it. I ended. Up getting a 6'6" 4wt TB with a 5wt line and could not believe the difference.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 21:04

From Susquehanna, PA
Hey All, Thanks for your input. I'd not thought about the whole heavier line/tighter loops, but it makes sense. I was thinking "short and light" in order to get through the brush and trees, and not spook fish. Lots to think about. In perusing the forum I see a lot of you are using the Echo Carbon. I'm not familiar with Echo rods, but I'll look into them.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 0:49

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com