rain jackets

C

curtrein

Hey All:

I'm a tall dude at 6'4" and I'm looking for a high quality breathable rain jacket for fishing. I ordered the North Face Resolve jacket from a website only to find that when it arrived it only came to my waist. I need a coat that is between 34" and 36" long. Does anyone have any suggestions on who would offer a tall raincoat?

Thanks,
Curt

Most will only come to your waist if its for fishing. Its for wading purposes. I haven't seen a "fishing" jacket that is much longer than that. You might want to look in the regular "rain gear" section of wherever you shop.

I have a Simms Pac Light gortex rain jacket. It’s a great jacket but my only criticism is that it’s too long. It sounds perfect for you, since as mentioned, most wading jackets are cut short.

I prefer lightweight rain jackets because they pack well and can be carried with you, and they are not too heavy to wear in warm weather. In cold weather you can layer clothes underneath for warmth. Good Luck.

http://tinyurl.com/y4hwek

I think this is the one I have..it looks like it also comes in a longer version. Might be worth a look.....

I also notice that one of the last 2 issues of fly Rod and reel did review of jackets. The Chota had a removeable "skirt" that made the coat long or short. just fyi

Back