orvis sonic seam waders

k-bob

k-bob

anyone try these waders without stitched panels? opinions on durability? breathability of the silver sonic ones? thanks

I have not tried them but I was messing with them in tco at the jam. IMHO no waders have the durable knees like the simms. I go through waders like crazy and those are the only ones that seem worth it.

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
I have not tried them but I was messing with them in tco at the jam. IMHO no waders have the durable knees like the simms. I go through waders like crazy and those are the only ones that seem worth it.

Until they changed the design an put the stitching right in the middle of the knee. Who is doing your RnD Simms? Terrible design. Gutrantee I will blow through the freestone waders I have in less then a year.

Phish_On wrote:
Until they changed the design an put the stitching right in the middle of the knee.

The stitching seems to be well above the knee for me. Was just looking at these the other day.

i have had the sonics since they 1st came out, maybe even before, I got them as a replacement for thwe silver series that all leaked. that would be about 3 yrs now. I have never had a leak and they are light and breath well. I recommend them highly.

Thanks, think I will try them

Know a place to get them a bit cheaper than retail? I would love to get some wading pants, but don't want to fork out all that dough..

I have the silver sonics. Absolutely love them. I've only had them about 10 months but so far so good. Being convertibles make it nice when nature calls. 2 quick clips and you can pull them down to your waist. The stocking feet are cut nice compared to other waders I've had.

I have the silver sonics, very nice. I've had no issues.

I have the sonics, light and seem to breathe well... neoprene boots do seem bigger than in other orvis waders, might be good to try them in store on vs order online if you do some walking to fish. glad they breathe well, it is going to get hot right about now...

thanks for input!

Back