Orvis Sonic Seam Waders

1wt

These new "welded" no stitching waders are available now.

I wanted to purchase from a local fly shop? I kept calling the local shop in Hanover, (the shop Evening Rise in Lancaster went out of business) and the one in King of Prussia, but they didn't get them yet and only wanted to double talk me into buying some old waders that they have in stock! "silver label is all the same, come and see what we have.... they don't leak" LOL

It's always the same old song when I try to buy in a fly shop? I went online and purchased from Orvis....... and I will have these new welded waders by this Monday.

The trout streams are stocked, my old waders leak, spring is approaching ....... I had to go online again! I don't know why I waste my time in Fly Shops anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxY0NtWNFpA

Evening Hatch has them in. Saw them Sunday.

I find the online shopping experience to be easier for waders. Most fly shops don't carry a huge selection of sizes in waders so a lot of guys will just settle and buy whatever is available in the shop and not actually buy a pair that fits properly... if your buying waders especially a nice pair of waders it is always helpful to order online using the wader companies sizing charts. It can save you a lot of hassle. Those Orvis waders are really nice by the way... I would like to get a pair but I am waiting to hear some more reviews on them before I sink more money on expensive waders.

NickR wrote:
I find the online shopping experience to be easier for waders. if your buying waders especially a nice pair of waders it is always helpful to order online Those Orvis waders are really nice by the way... I would like to get a pair but I am waiting to hear some more reviews

Nick,

Yeah, I'll post how they work after I use them a couple times. My waders should be here by Monday. Cold snow and rain with wind until Monday, so Monday is OK with me. It's the first nice day in a while.

My old waders had leaks in them, and I'm so tired of fixing the stupid things!

No more string stitching! These waders are melted together....... they look like they will last a long time.

I'm 6'4" and the fly shops never have the best size for me. I called and called for the past month, so I finally had to order online. Muddy and Breeches were just stocked, and the rest to follow soon ...... the season has started..... I need waders!

1WT,
Imho locally in the Lehigh Valley area we have to go to Evening Hatch,( Orvis) in Blakeslee/Lake Harmony ,and AA Outfitters{Simms} in Blakeslee. Other options are AA PRO Shop Souderton (Simms},or Mainstream Outfitters(Orvis} in Doylestown or drive to reading TCO ( Tulpehocken Creek Outfitters} (Simms).
I prefer to be able to try on clothing or waders/wading boots. IMHO TCO, AA Outfitters,and Evening Hatch are the best choices.
BTW I am 6'3" 265 I know your pain about finding stuff that fits.

Lonewolve wrote:
1WT,
Imho locally in the Lehigh Valley area we have Mainstream Outfitters(Orvis} in Doylestown
BTW I am 6'3" 265 I know your pain about finding stuff that fits.

Lone,

I'm also 265? (I'm on a veggie diet, so soon I might be a bit lighter) I used to be 6'4" ...... but people shrink with age, and now I'm probably 6'3".

I used to live in Doylestown, and I went to Central Bucks High School. I used to fish Mill Creek and the Neshaminy (especially where 611 crosses it)

I love to shop on the internet (I might be part Nerd) so I ordered direct from Orvis. The waders arrived today ...... only three days with standard shipping! LOL

Beautiful light olive waders with a neat belt system and neat realistic stocking foot. Nice water proof pockets, and they are very comfy for me to wear.

"Made in China" sticker, but China has the best world quality now. The seams are modern design (all in the back) and no stitching at all! Everything is melted (sonic seam) together. They look like they will hold up a long time for me.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be fly fishing all the trout streams in central PA. These waders were the last piece of the puzzle!

I'll probably see you on a trout stream when I head east!

in the fly shops defense the welded seam technology has been out for a couple years now....even reddington produces waders that are sonic seam (welded) using orvis' technologies

Back