orvis sonic or simms

PhlyPhishMan

PhlyPhishMan

What should I go with the new sonic seams or the g3s???

I've been using the silver sonics this season and have really liked them. No leaks. If you like a bunch of pockets and storage these aren't the waders for you but I use a pack so no big deal for me. I do use the waterproof inner pocket for my cell phone.

you cant go wrong with either. I've wore them both and really liked them. my buddy has a pair of sonic zip-fronts for sale, they are brand new in the box for 230 if you are interested.

G3s... best wader I have ever owned. Simms is updating the G3 for 2014, you wait for the new ones or pick up the old ones on sale. Madison River Fishing Company and Murray's Fly shop both have G3s on sale already.

Thanks a bunch guys. Do the g3s have a lot of pockets/ waterproof pocket for phone?

PhlyPhishMan wrote:
Thanks a bunch guys. Do the g3s have a lot of pockets/ waterproof pocket for phone?

"Handwarmer" pocket across the chest and a flip out pocket that has zipper pouch, tippet pockets and built in zinger. None are waterproof though the flip out "normal" position is inside the wader.

Awesome thanks a bunch guys

jdaddy wrote:
PhlyPhishMan wrote:

"Handwarmer" pocket across the chest and a flip out pocket that has zipper pouch, tippet pockets and built in zinger. None are waterproof though the flip out "normal" position is inside the wader.

There's a zinger in there? Never opened the flip pocket

YEP. zinger in the flip out pocket.

I'm on the fence with this one...its a good deal but don't really need at the moment. Just worried I'll get jacked again having to buy some new ones in a pinch...

Awesome thanks a bunch guys

I've been wearing silver sonics for about a year now. I really like them. The suspender system is awesome for hot days. 2 clips and they pull down into waist highs. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

Simms.

carefully compare the booties. If you do, I think you will go with the simms. My experience is that the booties are the first to fail (besides punctures). Check both the thickness and density

Got my G3s in the mail today from Madison River Fishing Company Clearance sale. I must say I am not disappointed. I loved my old Riversheds, but these seem awesome! Can't wait to get them in the water!

I drug my feet and they are now sold out except for the "RickinPA" size. You will love them I debated picking up a pair to replace my current G3's in the event of an accident. Being indecisive didn't work out.

given the significant difference in price for the zipper ......do you still have to take off he vest nd shed the suspenders to pee? orvis ads look like the zipper stops too high to allow just unzip to pee. I'm 66...... you get my concern.

JohnPowers wrote:
given the significant difference in price for the zipper ......do you still have to take off he vest nd shed the suspenders to pee? orvis ads look like the zipper stops too high to allow just unzip to pee. I'm 66...... you get my concern.

John,

Here's the poop on peeing.

I've worn the Sonic Seam Convertable waders, the ones that slide down to convert to waist high waders, for a year now (the zippered sonics are a different model and are brand new).

You can relieve yourself (number one only, of course) without taking off the waders or suspenders (Try that with your rubber pants, Gary!). :)

Back