New rod and reel

eseabee1

eseabee1

Well I got my Allen reel yesterday in the mail went with their trout II very nice reel , I paired it with the custom rod I traded for awhile back , and forgot I even had it ,I thought it was a 5 weight but found out it is a 4 weight .. Boy was I glad I looked before I ordered my reel with line and backing on it .. Well All I can say is took advantage of the warm day and went outside and did some practice casting , man is this rod sweet and the reel is quiet which I like , felt like I was casting the hardy set I had stolen , now can`t wait to get out on the water just have to make a trip to the fly shop tomorrow to get some flies to get me started ,and pray the weather holds out so I can at least go get stuck in some trees .. By the way this is the third rod I found stuck away in my shop I like it better then the one that is a sage blank , all I know is this blank is red and it is super nice to cast ..

The Trout II is a nice reel plus Allen supports the forum. Good luck with the new reel.

Back