Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: New fly shop opening in the Lehigh Valley

Just Fish,
West Valley Creek is walking distance from the Downingtown Orvis...terrific limestoner w/wild fish. A short drive away is the Brandywine Creek, East Branch...also holds some wild fish. Both get some stocking. Valley Forge Trout Unlimited & West Chester Fish & Game Club look after West Valley & do a fabulous job of protecting it. Check 'em out.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 21:01

Re: New fly shop opening in the Lehigh Valley

From bucks cty
Quote:

gfen wrote:
I stopped in there one day a week or so just to window shop. The owner/operator, Phil, was in and we spent a good hour just chatting about things in general.

He's a nice enough guy, he promises that his tying section isn't complete, and it seems like its a pretty nice shop with a heavy emphasis on the clothing and accoutrement's one might need to have "a sporting lifestyle." Whatever, $100 dog beds and casmere sweaters may not be on my list of desires, but if selling those is what pays the bills so he can have a little corner well stocked with fur and feathers, who am I to complain?

The one thing I took away from my talk with the owner is that this isn't a money making enterprise for him as much as its a hobby and a past time. There's not much else around me, really, for stores, an LL Bean with barely any tying supplies and the LL Fly Shop where my short discussion with the owner left me with little desire to patronize his store.

I stopped in one day after fishing the LL. It was a cold day so I had on my old coveralls, beat up boots, and tattered hat. There was only one other shopper in the store. I kind of got the cold shoulder when I went over to the fly fishing section. I certainly got the impression they wanted to sell the high margin clothing and not fly tying materials. Didn't seem very well stocked with materials. I don't see a reason to go back. What we need is an old fashion shop which is interested in fishermen not old yuppies.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 10:12

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
154 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com