Net Webbing

albatross

albatross

There was a post on this topic in the general forum that got me doing a little research. I found replacement net bags from a company called "The Measure Net" on several websites. They have either fine nylon mesh or rubber mesh replacement net bags that also include a handy ruler (right in in the net) for measuring your catch. This website (FishWest) offers free shipping which makes for the lowest delivered cost I could find. I just ordered the large rubber replacement bag for $19.99. I'll try to post again after I recieve it to let you all know how I like it.

The large size fits net frames with a circumference around 47 inches and will measure fish up to 28 inches. I like to have a net for landing large trout or steelhead, so hopefully this will do the trick for me. My current net (which I will recycle the frame from) has a fine nylon mesh which is a real pain in the hind quarters when your fly gets tangled up. I'm hoping the rubber mesh on the replacement bag will be both better for the fish and less troublesome for snagged flys.

I've had two for about two years. They work like a charm. The large one works for steelhead. Best thing is flies (or thorns) don't get caught in them.

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to check the Measure Net out.

rising fish always
schrec

Speaking of nets, I just got a magnetic net holder from feather crafters. It cost about half as much as the others I've seen.

AL- is the same manufacturer of your original net? I assume not, so you ordered a size that matched the dimesions of the handel. Is there any trick to the install? Did the replacement net connect to the handle the same way as the original?

Another quip: Anyone ever order a replacement handle?? I have a perfect rubber net but now my handle is broke?? Paul

Paul,

They give the circumference of the handle that the net will work for (the large is 47 inches). I just measured around the outside of my existing net handle and got a dimension close to this. The replacement net actually comes with a zippper, so installation is a piece of cake.

By the way, I saw they have these in stock at the Greensburg Gander Mountain.

Al- thanks. Looks like I am headed to Gander Mountain.

Hunt. Fish. Camp. - I have often repeated these words driving home from fishing much to the chagrin of the my buddies until one of thems blurts out. STOP!!!! Paul

ps Heading to the South Platte tomorrow for a week!

Back