Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Need New Waders

From Erie, PA
Just drop the coin on Simms G3's and be done with it, you will be glad you did.

Posted on: 2013/4/4 20:34

From Lansdale
I haven't had them for long, but my Bean Rapid Rivers are a big step up from the Frogg Toggs I had for 3 years. Price was right, too.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 5:44

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
No leak yet on my Bean RR's, but a situation has developed which tampers my enthusiasm.

For a little background, I bought em last summer, so less than a year. And this was one of the lightest fishing years I've had. Probably a dozen outings or so total.

Last weekend I noticed a seam opening up pretty badly. I can stick my finger through it. Luckily, it's on the gravel guard, so is not a leak, per se. But it certainly has put a dent in my confidence in how "bulletproof" the wader is.

Bean has an excellent "satisfaction" warranty. I try to be fair with these things. I expect about 3 years at my current fishing pace before leakage. If it leaks before then I'll take them up on the warranty. If it lasts 3 years, I will call myself satisfied.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 8:22

As I read these post there are many things I question; but the fact is that all waders leak sometime. If not; they don't get used very much or at least very hard. I have had a pair of Simms older Rivershed waders(3 layer Gore-Tex top/5 Layer bottom) for 6-7 years. I abuse the #censor# out of them. I have patched more pin hole leaks from brush alone than I can honestly now count, and one seem leak that was no questions asked repaired by Simms.

I recently got a pair of the zip front Redington Sonic Pro's for a very low price, and so far I feel they are just as good as the Simms. Actually they fit better. The only complaint would be that the neoprene booties are thinner, but not that either really keep your feet warm. They seem just as durable, and basically have all the same features as the $700+ G4 zip fronts at a half or less the cost.

No brainer. They will all wear and leak someday. They will all need patched someday. It all comes down to how much you want to spend now. This is coming from a guy that swore he would never wear anything but Simms. Well; Simms is great, but they're gonna out price themselves because the competition is getting better and cheaper. Unfortunately Made in America shouldn't justify $700-$800!

Posted on: 2013/4/10 13:37

From Dauphin PA
I may have the model before yours. I think they were L2 Gore-Tex. They are closing in on 10 years old. They are my back ups or warm weather waders. They are lighter than the G3's and have about 2 tubes of aquaseal on them. LOL. I got those on end of year clearance way back and they were $150 shipped to the door. They have been used and abused but just won't die. Cricket is right....all will leak at some point. A $50 pair of waders will probably leak faster or not last as long when compared to a $300 pair. Pick a price point, see which fit you best and look for sales.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 14:42

From Peasant Gap
i can't recommend Frogg Toggs enough. Some of the cheaperst breathables out there. The most confortable, best fit waders I've ever owned. Also the only waders I've ever owned more than 2 years that didn't leak. Going on 4 years now, no leaks. Most pairs i own leak the same year I buy them.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 14:24

From Erie Co.
Best purchase I made was for a pair of simms origional guide waders that are now 8 years old. Ive sent them back to simms about 4 years ago for new booties every winter i patch them with seam sealer. less than $37 per year and about 100 days per year.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 20:02

I have G3's for six years straight and never a leak. Prior to that wore Simms guides for 8 years and never a leak and still have them in my closet.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 20:13

From Luzerne County, PA
I just found and purchased a pair of Simms Headwater waders online for $209, regular price $349. The webpage says:

"40% off Discontinued Simms Headwaters Stockingfoot Waders!"

BassPro had them for $299 but out of stock on every size but large.

They faired well on the Wader Shootout and at that price I couldn't resist.

Here's the website for anyone interested

MosquitoCreekOutdoors.com

Posted on: 2013/4/13 1:00

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com