Nanofil for tippet?

L

lestrout

Anyone try this new stuff? I'm attracted by the thiness and limpness - may be easier to get than Varivas.

tl
les

Never heard of either of them... Looks like Nanofoil may not knot well? They have special knots that they recommend you use.

I looking at the video it seems that while it's not braid, it has a lot of the same characteristics in that is not incredibly limp, has a "kink" to it and translucency seems poor. I can't imagine it would make a good tippet material.

Have you tried the Stroft products?

Nope. Lol. I've actually never used anything other than standard tippet material. Alternatives intrigue me, though. Especially if they perform better.

nano fil is for spooling on spinning reels, and then attaching tippet to it, its quite the opposite of what it was intended for. and varivas can be bought at the flystop.com under leaders and tippets, thats some good stuff for the price

Sounds like FireLine. It's a fused mono for spinning rods.

Is Varivas hard to get? I never found it to be so.

Yeah, nonofil would be like using braid as a tippet material. Its great for using as a running line on a spinning reel and then attaching a leader to. I love 6-8lb braid on a spinning outfit with a flouro leader. Super effective. As far as braid and nanofil being used from an FF standpoint...idk, seems very limited.

Back