Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

March Brown Rods

Anyone ever cast/touch/see one before? Curious about how they perform considering most are 6pc rods.

Patrick

Posted on: 2012/9/6 21:20

Re: March Brown Rods

From Lancaster County
I own two - one is a 6'6" 3WT Hidden Waters rod that I bought as a backup backpacking rod. The other is a 9' 8WT Legacy rod that I bought as a backup steelhead rod. The first is adequate for what its intended for; I fish it from time to time. The Legacy I think I regret buying. It just feels like its going to fall apart. However, its not so much that either is a bad rod but more to what you allude to, in that they are six piece rods. I'm willing to trade a bit of performance for packability, and I guess given the scenario where I had walked three miles up or down stream on Elk Creek and I broke my primary rod, I'd be happy to be casting the Legacy.

Their customer support is excellent - the Hidden Waters rod had a definite issue where the blank went into the cork, in that the rod wobbled, maybe due to a lack of glue. Regardless, they sent me a new rod, no questions asked.

I would not pay full retail for the rods, but I managed to pick mine up from Sierra Trading Post on sale, so in that regard, they are worth what I paid for them.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 21:53

not exactly a glowing report. However, it is what I expected. The only reason I was considering the company is because of a deep discount. Still, I am not sure if 50% is enough for me to consider them. Some of those models are the same price as my loomis! Glad I asked.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 9:14

From chester ct
I have a Hidden Waters 5wt 8'6" and it's one of my better sticks. It's a primary rod when I have to take a plane. It's responsive and very well designed. If you weren't looking, you would think it was a 2 piecer.

tl
les

Posted on: 2012/9/7 19:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com