Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Mandatory upgrade.

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I would agree. Each brand's "premium" models seem to be either super fast or super slow these days. If you pick the fast end for each brand, they are all likely to be faster than your IMX. If you don't end up wanting something that fast and want to back off to "medium fast", then you're into the "less than premium" models, and your options are just endless and the price points much lower.

For many, medium fast is the sweetspot because they're more versatile, and that means the best rods are NOT the most expensive.

I tend to like fast rods. That said, treating this as fast vs. slow is too simplistic. Tapers vary considerably. There are fast rods I love and fast rods I hate. And there are slow rods I kind of like and slow ones I really hate. And I'm not you. So yes, I'd recommend making 2 lists. Fast and medium fast. Then go to Somerset and cast em.

Posted on: 12/30 10:41

Re: Mandatory upgrade.

From chester ct
JohnP - if you have time to consummate your upgrade, the Lancaster Show after Somerset will help you narrow your choices, especially if they again have 2 casting pools. That way you won't have to compete as much for casting time with the pros.

Posted on: 1/11 12:03

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
120 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com