Leaky Breathable Waders

L

lifeisgood

Does anyone out there know how to locate small holes in breathable waders? I found out the hard way that I have some holes when fishing Friday, and they are older simms and just not a good time to send them in for repair. I don't think they are leaking real bad, maybe just some small pin holes.

Life IS good!

Here ya go.....

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/repairs_main_new.html

Take a cotton cloth and wet it with rubbing alcohol and rub down the exterior and interior and sometimes dark spots will appear - those are the holes. Failing all else, I've purchase Tear-Aid and simply applied a large patch to the area I think is leaking.

I couldn't find the right video on the Simms site. But the long and short of it is:

Put some alcohol in a spray bottle

Turn your waders inside out

Spray the area

When dark spots appear, that is where there are pinholes

Circle the spots with a pen / marker

After you find all the holes, coat the marked areas with some Aquaseal

Let dry and you're good-to-go!

Good luck.

afishinado wrote:
I couldn't find the right video on the Simms site.

The link I posted above is for that video. It works on my computer - does it work for anyone else? It starts playing automatically for me....
533.gif

After your waders dryout (on the outside) take a gardenhose and stick it down the leg that leaks

Put a piece of chalk behind your ear.

Turn on the hose holding the waders up by the crotch.

Fill waders to the crotch.

Water will seep out through the hole it comes in from.

Circle the hole on the outside.

or make an arrow pointing down to it.

Pull the leg inside out and dry waders completely (overnight)

Use some aquaseal or other marine goop product inside and out in the marked area.

Normally when you start to have leakage its time to think about getting a spare pair. Once they start leaking, they mostly keep leaking.

Turn your waders inside-out, then fill with water. That way your simulating standing in the stream and you can see where exactly your leak is.

I have troubles with the seams in my neoprene booties and around the gravel guards. This technique works good for this cause the alcohol trick don't work with the neoprene.

Thanks for all the info! Tight lines to all of you.

Back