Lanyard

TimRobinsin

TimRobinsin

tired of using a vest. trying something different this weekend.

made this:

Attachments

• lanyard12.jpg
    lanyard12.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 6
  • lanyard13.jpg
    lanyard13.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 2
Vastly preferable when you pare down to nothing. Starting in sulphur season, I'm down to a tiny box and my lanyard.

You'll love it.

Is that paracord? What knot is that called?

yeah it's paracord. got it at roots (local flea market).

the knot is called a cobra knot, surprisingly easy. the neck area is the same knot done over top the existing cobra knot. it is called the "king cobra" knot, to some.

all in all it took me about 1 1/2 hours and $20 to make. I also have enough paracord to make about 5 more of these or string up a chute...

if you want some cord I can send some your way....

I have some, I meant to do something useful with it once, but was lazy. It served its purpose lashing my gates open during the hurricane.

I guess I gotta cut some off.. D'you know how many feet went into that?

surprisingly ( and that was knowing ahead of time that they use this knot to store line like this)

...a lot...

probably close to 30ft...maybe more...

if you know how long you'd like it I could make you one, minus the tippet post.

just tell me what colors you want where. I got grey, black and olive

gives me something to do while i'm stuck at home rather than eating my lips from the inside out

I heard that...

have fun with it, I like to tie each knot while whispering the names of all the kids who picked on me in school and tugging each knot with a hint of aggression...just kidding...chris....whoops, did i say that!? LOL

we'll see how it goes saturday or sunday.

Tim, that's really nice work. Gave me an idea on how to improve my homemade lanyard (tippet holder).

peace-tony c.

gfen makes awesome fishing necklaces. i, rather a lot of us, consider him man child winner of same (note winner )

I changed the design a little here so that the lanyard lays flat coming down from your neck. works better. also changed the colors and went with OD green and silver...kind orvisy looking.

so what do you end up putting on these things? I feel like this one has everything I use the most of except for a small pair of pliers for putting on and taking off split.

what do you guys keep on your lanyard?

Attachments

• lanyard21.jpg
    lanyard21.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 1
  • lanyard22.jpg
    lanyard22.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 1
I hate vests. I might try to create some things like this. Not sure how I feel about a lanyard, but I might give it a whirl.

i need a "lanyard skynyard".....i've seen ones with built in beer coozies...no lie.

i change out depending on what i'm doing, but generally speaking, nippers, hemo/cutter combo, floatant, 1-4 spools of tippet, and some form of fly box.

Nippers, hemos, floatant, tippet (3). A C&F flybox with built-in splitshot compartments that fits nicely in a shirt pocket rounds out the setup. I also usually carry a multi-purpose tool that has pliers, knife, scissors and bottle opener. The bottle opener gets used the most ;-)

peace-tony c.

nice.

I am concerned about how it will work with my sling pack. then again the sling pack may be on the way out too. hurts my shoulder on really long days.

I really really like the looks of that. What parts did you use and where did you get the parts for the tippet holder. I've purchased 1 spool holder in my life and it broke the first time I used it. This looks awesome and easy to switch out spools. I want one.

Back