lanyard options

D

DJBerg

So I've got a chest/back pack that works for expeditions and camera gear. And have come to minimizing what I carry for small outings. but sat morning while out on a local stream I dropped 4 rolls of tiopet and have no clue where they went. So I think its time for a lanyard.

Who has them and what do ya think?

Try this. I did and I can use any length line I want to. I'm currently using an old shoe lace. I can tuck i into an inside vest pocket, or shorten it for my Fishpond chest pack.

http://www.tenkaratalk.com/2012/04/a-diy-tippet-spool-holder/

Lots of option on ebay. I have an Orvis one,lanyard and a couple fly boxes in my shirt pockets I am ready to go this time of year. I have an old lanyard you can have. I will send you a pm

Just make one. I've made two and I use one of them every time out.

One is a simple lanyard that is just an old shoe lace that I keep nippers and hemos on. I use this one 90% of the time when I'm wearing the waist pack. I tuck the nippers and hemos into the top of chest waders or into a shirt pocket to keep things from swinging around and so that the hemos don't fall off as I'm walking in the water (this has happened before).

The other is more elaborate with snap swivels and beads. It holds a tippet post, floatent, nippers, hemos, and has a fly patch made from 4mm craft foam. When I use this lanyard it is all I take with me, I put a handful of flies into the fly patch and hit the water.

+1 on making your own. That is what I did with some paracord and swivels. It was a good winter project. Plenty of good DIY ideas on the web.

Just about all the lanyards I see out there have a break away feature in case you fall and become impaled on something, it will break open. It wouldn't be hard to rig up something similar on a homemade lanyard.

+1 for Goertzen (leatherandcanvas.com). Holds a 6x4 fly box, tippet and tools. Made in Wyoming I believe.

I have a Mountain Lanyard that I got on sale. I like it a lot and tend to use it more than my vest or chest pack for most situations. That being said, if you are crafty, you could probably make your own and saw $20-$30.

Anyone have any expirience with Heavy Haulin Lanyard? They're about $35

I've got the Heavy Haulin Lanyard. Got it several years ago at at outdoors show in Erie, PA. I use it a lot this time of year. It has a comfortable neck strap, plenty of clips for nippers, hemostats, floatant, also has decent stem for tippet spools. I think it's worth the $35.

Goertzen Lanyards made in Montana! Highly recommend!

thanks guys gfoledc sent me one to repair and try out. and the day before that arrived in the mail, i found my lanyard string for a litle fly box the mrs n kids got me for xmas, though the only way to hold tippet makes the around the neck part too short so rebuild/repairing that one i just got is on the project list for the weekend, along with a full rod build, a rearranging of another rod to make a muskie stick, and rebuilding a surf caster for one of my tenants. fun weekend of fishing based stuff but no fishing. :p

Very ambitious. Let us know how the rods come out.

I see my blank thats coming in the ups made it to the local hub, but im not 100% sure if it is there for the day or out for delivery on the truck.I hope its out for delivery. This way I can get everything set up so I can go shape grips tonight. I hope, I hope, i hope!!!!

Back