Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Landing Nets

From Long Island
I also have a brodin ghost net. I love it to death, very sturdy and no tangles ever except when you get those stupid fish who like to barrel roll in the net. The only thing I dont like about the rubber bag is when you try to take pics with the fish, the net usually doesnt stay down when you put the fish on top like a mesh net does. Otherwise, great idea.

Posted on: 2/4 18:18

From Camp Hill, PA
Krayfish,
Falling on a carbon fiber net frame would most likely puncture waders and your guts if it would shatter. I wonder what kind of abuse they can handle?

Does anybody have a wood net in a similar size to the nomad previously described, that they recommend that is also not as expensive. I imagine there are a lot of them. The carbon fiber must be much lighter.

Posted on: 2/4 23:00

From Camp Hill, PA
Krayfish,
Falling on a carbon fiber net frame would most likely puncture waders and your guts if it would shatter. I wonder what kind of abuse they can handle?

Does anybody have a wood net in a similar size to the nomad previously described, that they recommend that is also not as expensive. I imagine there are a lot of them. The carbon fiber must be much lighter.

Posted on: 2/4 23:00

From near Hershey, Pa
I am another fan of the Brodin Ghost nets.

The netting is lighter than the cheaper rubber nets. I carry quite a large one and I don't think it really weighs much. There are inserts of fine mesh that you can buy so you can sample nymphs or catch flying insects. Actually, you could probably fashion your own.

I know the Brodins are expensive but I don't think you would have to buy a net again as it should last you a lifetime of fishing unless you have a freak accident or lose it.

I believe that they sell them as replacement bags if you have a net similar in size to one of the Brodin models.

Posted on: 2/5 16:29

From Lansdale
Paint strainers at Home Depot or Lowe's are cheap for sampling. Just slip it over your net hoop. I think they're 2 dollars for a pair.

Posted on: 2/5 18:27

From Pittsburgh
The replacement brodin ghost net bags are $23.
The quick drying nature is one of their best features.
One of their worst features is taking a picture with the fish in the net... the grid formed by the net creates a forced perspective that makes the fish look way smaller than it is. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Seeing the frame on the Nomad nets, I'm tempted to string up a ghost bag on an old tennis racket frame.

Posted on: 2/6 9:42

From Camp Hill, PA
I wanted to post this Fishpond Nomad image from there website...since it goes with my avatar theme. ScaleFish Studio created the avatar art.

Attach file:

jpg  fishpond-nomad-nets_PIG.jpg (108.05 KB)
7920_52f543718e504.jpg 243X209 px

Posted on: 2/7 15:34

From Chester County
Quote:

KeithS wrote:
Paint strainers at Home Depot or Lowe's are cheap for sampling. Just slip it over your net hoop. I think they're 2 dollars for a pair.

The only thing I don't like about rubber nets is you can't seine for critters.

Great idea!....mesh paint strainers! Thanks.

Posted on: 2/9 9:10

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com