Lamson Reel...

StudentofTheStream

StudentofTheStream

I just ordered a Lamson Radius from Cabelas and was wondering if anyone uses their products? I've heard really good things about their reels and figured I'd give one a shot since it was on sale for $99. We'll see how it works out when I get it in and on a rod.

I have one on my 5wt. I like it alot. Very smooth drag that can stop a train! I think you made a good choice. :wink:

Joe

Congratulations!
You've picked an EXCELLENT FLY REEL, when picking a Lamson!
I have a couple of older ones, that have really taken some rough trips with me, from fresh to light salt and even though the finishes are sort of "battle worn", the reel's mechanics are still like the day I bought them!
In my arsenal of reels, close to Lamson's value......I have a much older, "Sage #304" a couple of Abels and some Hardys in various weights and sizes and I'd pit the Lamson's drag system against ALL the them at any time!
As someone else, stated...... "their drags are smooth and can stop a train".
You'll really like your new Lamson, no doubt about it! :-D

Lamson Radius is a great reel. I have one on my 6 wgt and love it. Another great reel in that price range is the Teton Tioga. I have 3 of those, and they have held up great. Can't go wrong with either.

I have Lamson reels for my 4, 6 & 8wt. rods. They have a great drag and are real quiet. A bit pricey for me but I'm glad to have them--great reel for me.

Back