Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: just have to post about this

some times being nice isn't being helpful.
I have to agree with the unreadable-sorry sir.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 18:55

From Clarion co.
Posting from a phone will kill your paragraph structure! Just look at my posts lol.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 20:34

From Clinton County, Pa.
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
Hurray for good fly shops.

And hurray for punctuation and sentence breaks.
I agree with both statements.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 21:02

From Bucks County
I like that there was no periods except for ".05 cents" and an ellipsis with an extra period, oddly enough...(.)

Posted on: 2012/3/3 22:43

From pittsburgh
ok here goes since i went back and read it and it was tough and i am awake at 6 am on a sunday i took the liberties of placing punctuation im sure some of it is wrong (this is PAFF not 10th grade english) you guys are going to have to live with it !!!

So, last week or so, I was reading I think it was here about the big box stores such as the world’s foremost outfitter and stores of the like. There were a few posts in this thread of people saying that some people here are just out for the deal and with this economy, I understand that point totally. But what just happened to me was, I called my local fly shop the “international angler” and told them about a problem I have been having with the wading boots I had bought less than a year from them he said bring em in and we'll work something out. When I got there ,they no longer had the boot I had so he hand me a pair of Simms freestone boots, in a size 14 turns out they were too small. I jumped up to a size 16 tried them on with a neoprene sock they fit nicely and with a little extra room for extra socks (which is a huge plus come steelhead season) then he says give me 20$ for the boots, which is the difference between my exchange and the new boot. I reach for my wallet and it’s gone! I was so bummed out at that point in time, knowing I’m going to try to go hit the water tomorrow he said “don’t worry about it until you can get back out this way “ and on top of it they were going to allow me to have new studs put in and pay when I come back in, not to mention that he removed my old studs and put them in the new boots too . That there is just another reason why will be going back there, they are willing to help when a big box store is strictly cash and carry. I would like to add that these boots were .05 cents cheaper at the fly shop than bass pro and are the same at cabelas so how much is one really saving and who is actually saving with service like that .... <---- and im keeping the extra (.) in the ellipsis that should make it easier to read for those who gave up mid paragraph

Posted on: 2012/3/4 6:50

-me

From harlansburg
flipnfly, your too funny.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 7:19

From North East PA
I have to say it was a lot easier to read with a little structure to the posting.

Thanks for keeping your sense of humor and re-doing the post!

Dave

Posted on: 2012/3/4 8:05

From E-Town and Germania
I LOL'ed.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 8:25

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
That was tough to read. I couldn't get through it.

Ditto. I mean I got the jest of it but damn. It hurt me to read it. But, I guess it could'a been worse.... It could'a been in txt language.....

Posted on: 2012/3/4 8:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

flipnfly wrote:
i hate punctuating always did buit heres what i left out ...,,,""..!!!?....,,,,,,,,...... i hope i got them all you guys can put them where you want them

That was pretty good! That's a keeper right there!

Posted on: 2012/3/4 8:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Chester County
Quote:

flipnfly wrote:
ok here goes since i went back and read it and it was tough and i am awake at 6 am on a sunday i took the liberties of placing punctuation im sure some of it is wrong (this is PAFF not 10th grade english) you guys are going to have to live with it !!!

So, last week or so, I was reading I think it was here about the big box stores such as the world’s foremost outfitter and stores of the like.

There were a few posts in this thread of people saying that some people here are just out for the deal and with this economy, I understand that point totally.

But what just happened to me was, I called my local fly shop the “international angler” and told them about a problem I have been having with the wading boots I had bought less than a year from them he said bring em in and we'll work something out.

When I got there ,they no longer had the boot I had so he hand me a pair of Simms freestone boots, in a size 14 turns out they were too small.

I jumped up to a size 16 tried them on with a neoprene sock they fit nicely and with a little extra room for extra socks (which is a huge plus come steelhead season) then he says give me 20$ for the boots, which is the difference between my exchange and the new boot.

I reach for my wallet and it’s gone! I was so bummed out at that point in time, knowing I’m going to try to go hit the water tomorrow he said “don’t worry about it until you can get back out this way “ and on top of it they were going to allow me to have new studs put in and pay when I come back in, not to mention that he removed my old studs and put them in the new boots too .

That there is just another reason why will be going back there, they are willing to help when a big box store is strictly cash and carry.

I would like to add that these boots were .05 cents cheaper at the fly shop than bass pro and are the same at cabelas so how much
is one really saving and who is actually saving with service like that ....

<---- and im keeping the extra (.) in the ellipsis that should make it easier to read for those who gave up mid paragraph

Not one change in writing above, just breaking each thought into a separate paragraph makes it much easier to read.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 8:59

Yes, the paragraph breaks and punctuation make it much easier to read.

The posts about the punctuation and sentence breaks weren't mean spirited. They offered useful information.

If you punctuate and use paragraph breaks, it's easy to read. If you run everything together, it's very hard to read.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 9:35

From Clarion co.
This thread is hilarious!

Posted on: 2012/3/4 17:02

From Pittsburgh
Glad too hear the people at Angler treated you good, they've always been good to me too.

Now, if only some the people on this forum allowed you to have a good experience here...

Rest assured there are still a lot of good people on here even though the jackasses are much more interested in critiquing grammar.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 19:20

From pittsburgh
WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS NO PUNCTUATION!!!!!!<--- besides this

@ afish i had it in that type of format but when i pasted it from word it crammed it all together again

and i wasnt about to go back through it yet again

note: word style and punctuation checker sucks

@ preamble i dont take nothing on the internet to heart i have met a ton of people from here and i have not met one bad apple

i look at it this way i hate anything grammar related and i love fly fishing

if they want to critic my posts thats great but i dont let english class affect my daydreaming lol

its just a shame that some people here get distracted from flyfishing to english

i feel bad some times theres this post was one big long run on with page breaks and no punctuation

ok im done trolling my own thread

Posted on: 2012/3/4 20:34

-me

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
78 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com