Inexpensive high-resolution Camera

JackM

JackM

Staff member
I thought I'd pass this deal along:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Digital_Point_Shoot/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A4120317

Sometimes these cameras cut corners and you may have issues of recovery time between shots and limitations on features, but for decent quality images from a camera you can afford to risk getting wet, it may be worth a look. I bought my digital (Fujifilm) at a price like this and don't worry about carrying it on stream as much as I would if I had a larger investment tied up.

Uses AA batteries so you don't have to get stuck with a proprietary battery system.

Edit: And always goggle for free shipping codes for Dell. They are usually out there.

I didn't notice the battery thing, but my Fuji is the same. I had difficulties with regular alkaline and even rechargables, but bought those disposable lithiums and have taken hundreds of photos over the past 9 months and never had to replace them. It still shows 4 bars for battery power.

energizer-lithium-battery.jpg

Jack's right. The lithium batteries are a must for cameras.

I took over 1000 pictures with the first set I put in my camera.

(sadly, my camera's performance has dropped the last couple years and I don't know why)(plus side, I can buy a new/better one)

I got stuck on the rechargeable thing, but most of my field guys use that exact battery you pictured. They are getting well more than the advertised 600 photos on the packaging. Lot of zooming, flashing and focusing.

my rechargables are good for at least a week in my fuji S700, I can charge second set in van too.

the battery lasts a good bit in my pentax w90 havent tried video yet

Back