Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Hip waders?

From Lambertville
I used to prefer hippers, the stocking foot with the pull down gravel guard. Hodgman stopped making them so now I use Cabela's breathable waist hi for about $130. I going into my third year with them.

I still miss the stocking foot hippers w/ the gravel guard.

Posted on: 3/27 10:11

From York County
Hodgeman replaced their rubber hippers with a vinyl styl that is 40% lighter and more durable. I ve used them for the past two seasons and they are great and keep me cool. Plus they are only $40 at wal mart and sexy enough that I managed to get a friend to model them.

Sorry upload failed lol ;)

Posted on: 4/1 13:30

From Clinton County, Pa.
I just purchased a pair of Frogg Toggs "Canyon" stocking foot hip waders. They fit very well, are lightweight and comfortable. I bought them to use on small streams and for summer use when even my wading pants can be hot to wear. I have not tried them in the water yet but will in the near future. I think they are new on the market and retail at $79.95. I will give a report after I use them a few times.

Posted on: 4/23 22:07

From Lambertville
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
I just purchased a pair of Frogg Toggs "Canyon" stocking foot hip waders. They fit very well, are lightweight and comfortable. I bought them to use on small streams and for summer use when even my wading pants can be hot to wear. I have not tried them in the water yet but will in the near future. I think they are new on the market and retail at $79.95. I will give a report after I use them a few times.

Their old stocking foot hippers were very narrow at the ankle. I'd be interested in how easy the Canyon comes off the ankle.

Posted on: 4/24 10:17

From Clinton County, Pa.
Quote:

RCFetter wrote:
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:

Their old stocking foot hippers were very narrow at the ankle. I'd be interested in how easy the Canyon comes off the ankle.
They are still narrow but I had no trouble getting the gravel guards down and over my wading boots. I had a pair of their waist highs and they were the same way.

Posted on: 4/24 22:57

From Lambertville
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
Quote:

RCFetter wrote:
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:

They are still narrow but I had no trouble getting the gravel guards down and over my wading boots. I had a pair of their waist highs and they were the same way.

I mean narrow as in being difficult to get your foot in and out of the stocking foot. Their last model of hippers were so tight at the ankle that they were advising buyers to buy a size larger than what you would normally wear.

Posted on: 4/25 14:50

From Clinton County, Pa.
I did'nt have any trouble putting them on. They were fine at the ankle area for me. They could make the gravel guards just a little wider though. I think I'm going to try them on a small stream Monday. Let you know how they work.

Posted on: 4/25 21:35

From Lambertville
Thanks for the feedback Wild.

Posted on: 4/26 7:48

From Clinton County, Pa.
I finally got to try my new Frogg Toggs stockingfoot hippers. They worked very well. I fished a small stream yesterday and today and was impressed. They are ALOT cooler than even my waist high Simms. Now that spring gobbler season is over I hope to get alot more use out of them. IMO they are a good value.

Posted on: 5/31 23:39

From Lambertville
Good to hear you like them. I prefer hippers to waist high.

Posted on: 6/1 10:23

I really like my Frogg Togg Wading Pants. I wear a size 15 shoe and they fit better than the Orvis Silver Label Hippers that I bought a few years back. The Frogg Toggs say size 13-15 but I was impressed with the room I had

Posted on: 6/2 7:52

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com