HatEyes Clip On Magnifiers

DGC

DGC

The hat clip may be a bit long for the bill on some hats/caps.

The lens is wider than the competition. If you like a baseball cap bill sporting a radical curve, this may be a drawback. I found that folding the lens slightly defeated this problem and did not interfere with normal views when not using the lens.

Put together with stainless steel, small bolts and nylon lined lock washers. Alleged to be made in the USA.

I got the 2.75 magnification and this worked fairly well for me.

Oddly the warranty is only for 30 days.

Bottom line is I thought this was better than my old clip on magnifier for a similar price provided you get it from an outfit such as this:

HatEyes from Life With Ease

Life with Ease also has an Amazon store though I didn't use it.

I never tried these, but have the "standard" clip on magnifiers for years now. I wear glasses w/ progressive lens but i still additionally need the clip-ons to really tie knots clearly.

My biggest problem with the clip on magnifiers (don;t know if these new ones will solve it?): I can;t use a clip on light on the brim of my hat. The magnifier is in the center, and if I clip the light off center on the brim i just can;t get it to shine where i want it to, no matter how I try.

Does anyone else have that issue, or is it just me?

John

Sounds like you need a hat with built in LED's in the brim. That should leave room for the light clip. Only question is : does the illuminated area line up with the magnified area.

A friend has the orvis light and flip down in one. But for 39.95 I'm still holding the tiny tech light in my mouth.

JF,

I don't stay so late or start so early that I use a light, so while I have a hat clip light, I have never used it. I will see in the next week or so how well it works out with these magnifiers and report back. In the meantime, the integrated Orvis gadget mentioned above may be just the ticket.

Hat Eyes works well, the two lens setup provides magnification and good depth perception - at the proper distance from your eyes. Add a Princeton Tec "point hat clip" light and you're set.

Jeff

been using hat clip magnifiers for years, they all work great.

Follow up for JF. I used a cheap hat light I got at Kohls of all places with the Hateyes magnifier and it worked fairly well. To the extent there was a problem, it was from too bright a light causing glare. This clip on light swivels up and down slightly and without that feature maybe it would not have worked. I simply slid the light on the bill of my cap next to the clip for the magnifier.

JF_

Check out the Princeton Tec "point hat clip" light. Clips on next to the magnifier and has a short flex stem with LED light on the end. Two brightness settings.

Jeff

Sometimes I can't focus my hat eyes no matter how I adjust it. But when it's on focus they are great. Lately I've using polarized bi focal sunglasses with 2.5 magnification and am real happy with that.

Thanks all for suggestions.

ok, I ordered a Princeton Tec "point hat clip", that looks like it may solve my problem. Thanks Jeff.

I ordered it from a scuba diving site of all places, it was $11.95 with free shipping.

John

I think you'll like the Princeton Tec light John, it's pretty light in weight and not hard on the battery. Good price BTW, I think I paid $15 at an LLBean.

Jeff

Back