Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Framed Pontoon Help...

From Dauphin PA
How are you storing it? If it's in a garage assembled, you can leave it together inflated at 50-60%. My pontoons with bladders are washed, dried, deflated, rolled up in a Rubbermaid container. Keep them in the basement. The bladderless pontoons are washed, dried deflated with the pump and folded / stored. For protection, I used armor all but think that 303 protectant will work better and will be trying it this year.

Posted on: 1/21 22:17

From Glendora nj
They are stored in the storage bag they came in, I have not used it yet. Just want to make sure I do not ruin them.

Posted on: 1/21 22:57

From Dauphin PA
Keep them from catching on fire or having a mouse chew a hole in them and you'll be fine.

Posted on: 1/21 23:16

From Harpers Ferry, WV
Hi Krayfish,

I held off on ordering anything. I was supposed to call Larry from Scadden about the boat but I seen some complaints on their customer service, so I went back to the drawing board and started looking at some others. Im looking at the fish cat 13 and the pac 1200. I am also looking at a few of the bigger boats such as catchcraft and sotar. They seem to be a little more then what I am looking at paying. If you all have anymore advice I am all ears and thanks for the help so far.

I think it will mostly come down to money and checking out some more reviews. I do like the frame system on the Outcast boats and I would like something I can deflate and fit into the back of my truck. Then I need to learn how not to drown myself with it.

Posted on: 1/25 16:50

From Harpers Ferry, WV
Also,

I found out they no longer make the McKenzie Drifter anymore but offered me the Outlaw Avenger XX for 1900. not sure if that is a good deal or not. Like I said, I am looking around at other places also.

Posted on: 1/25 16:57

From Dauphin PA
That is a very good price. I think DaveS might have paid almost a grand more that that for his boat. I've fished out of / rowed his several times. Nice boat. I'm will go out on a limb and say that it's a better boat...and a better price than the Outcast. I'd snag that deal. Tell Dave to toss in an anchor and you've got a deal.

As for the complaints about service.... I don't think they are trying to "shaft" you but are a bit (at times really) disorganized. Any issues I've had have been resolved quickly and Mr. Scadden made everything right. He even overnighted a part to me in NY at no charge since it was missing from the box I'd received.

I think the product is one of the best out there. If you understand the process, they're easy to deal with. Example: You order a boat, pay for the boat and are told "we'll ship that on Monday".... what that really means is "give me a follow up call in 2 days to make sure we didn't miss getting your order filled". They do a good bit of the fabrication in house so there might be a delay of a week or two if you requires something that they might be out of. I know he had problems with a supplier (Sawyer Oars) keeping up with the demand for carbon fiber oars. He's since changed suppliers.

With a lifetime warranty, if the bladder gets a tear, send it back and they fix it. If it's a minor tear, you can fix it yourself for less than $10 in supplies and that's a whole lot cheaper than mailing it back to Utah.

I'm adding carrying handles and some extra D rings to mine. You can pick the stuff up on NRS website. They even have videos showing you how to patch, add handles, D rings etc.

Posted on: 1/25 20:11

From SW PA
I was hoping to add something to this tread, but Kray basically covered it. I do have the Avenger XX. I am more than pleased with it. I got the boat about a week after I ordered it. I was missing the straps and maybe the hardware or oarlocks or something. I called Dave Scadden the evening I received the boat, he overnighted the missing stuff. I think that's acceptable.

I have never once worried about the quality of my pontoon, and the Yough can provide a pretty good test.

If I had to do over, I'd do it all the same.

You get a feel for maneuvering these pretty quickly. Don't sweat that, I can give ya some pointers if you need them

Posted on: 1/25 20:37

From SE PA - Chester County
save yourself some money and buy this one see LINK

can be rigged for 2 or 3 anglers and comes with much beefier tubes than the McKenzie drifter ST

Maxxon 14 foot 2 person Cataraft Pontoon Fishing Package $1500 (Exton, PA)

14 foot x 21.5 inch diameter Maxxon Cataraft tubes are built with heavy duty 2200 denier polyester base fabric and have two air chambers per tube. The long waterline of Maxxon tubes provide higher buoyancy than equivalent length tubes from other brands, and the Maxxon pontoons seem to go faster in the flat-water sections of rivers. Maxxon uses a 3300 denier chafe patch on the top and bottom of their tubes see black material in pictures, comes with four heavy duty D-rings on each side of each tube, molded urethane end cones for protection against large river rocks. These tubes have been used only twice on the upper Delaware river and are in excellent condition. Package comes with 2 person powder coated welded aircraft aluminum fishing frame, a sliding front stand-up deck, two padded seats, a seat riser, full size HD oar locks, anchor, custom outdoor carpeted 2-pc removable deck, and pair of oars.

link to pics

frame breaks down pretty small and the tubes can be deflated and rolled up...

Whole package can fit into the back of a mid size SUV (4Runner) if its taken down.

Stored indoors ready to go

Posted on: 1/26 16:25

From Dauphin PA
As high as that thing sits, it's got to be a handful on windy days.

Posted on: 1/27 13:26

From SE PA - Chester County
Show me a 2 / 3 angler float craft that isn't a handful on very windy days...

everything is a trade-off...

Posted on: 1/27 14:20

From Frederick, MD & New Philly, OH
Chrome,

You're spot on. There's nothing worse then battling an upstream wind in a Cat. That's part of my reasoning in building and installing a bow mounted trolling motor. It's my hope that I can fish more and deal less with the oars in the anchor system. I haven't had the chance to test it out yet due to the weather, but the Schuylkill looks very inviting.

Posted on: 1/27 18:54

From Dauphin PA
Had a motor and battery. It was just too much to haul for me. I've been part of countless marathon floats that were dead into the wind. Looking forward to April arriving but looking forward to the winds that usually come with spring. It was blowing so hard on the Susky earlier in the fall, wind pushed me upriver about a half mile........ It was a half mile of riffs in the narrows. Just kept fishing and figured I'd row out in the dark.

Posted on: 1/27 20:18

Well guys we made our choice... We actually called about the three man creek company in the swap forum but never heard back... We contacted Mr Scadden and went with the avenger two man! We were working on getting the drifter when Dave called back saying he didnt have any in stock so he'd upgrade us to the avenger! After about 20 emails and countless phone calls we came to an agreement and the order was placed. As mentioned on this thread it was beneficial to us to make lets say counteroffers. If believe we got a great deal....carbon oars a pump an as kray mentioned several other add ons. Cant wait to get this bad boy well post some pics. Dave was real good to work with but a great perhaps gifted promoter of his product... Thanks guys your input was very helpful!

Posted on: 2/5 12:37

From Dauphin PA
Sweet deal guys. You''ll be happy with it. See you on the river.

Posted on: 2/5 15:47

From SW PA
You are gonna love that boat!

I'm actually thinking about going "tubing" in mine since all it seems to do anymore is snow...

Posted on: 2/5 18:14

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com