Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fish pimp indicators falling off of your leader?

From Chicago
Bought a pack of the fish pimps at a show earlier this year and lost them all in one trip. Went back to the smallest lightning strikes. The float well, adjust easily, and are unobtrusive. I'll use thingamabobbers for bigger water but I've found they tend to leave a kink in the leader.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 12:44

From West Chester
I use Fish Pimps. i've had them fall off a couple of times (maybe once every 500 casts). i'll definitely keep using them though. they're the easiest to reposition for different depths. i fish nymphs very frequently, typically with a short leader (maybe 7 foot) and typically have the fish pimp tube mounted on the butt section of the leader. it's pretty stable.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 16:58

From canonsburg pa
I like the Frog Hair indicators. I have not lost one in two years.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 19:01
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

From Suburban Pittsburgh
If I'm using something other than a Thingamabobber, I'd still recommend the twist ons. Thingamabobbers are for the most part all I use now though.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 20:16

From King Of Prussia, Pa
I'm a big fan of biostrike. I'll use thingamabobbers when I'm bobber fishing for steelhead, but in every other situation I'm using biostrike.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 23:09

agreed , the smalles size thingamabobbers , only problem i have is , u pinch the leader to make a small loop , thread it through the eye of the indie and put the loop over the whole indie then pull it tight so the loop is arround the leader and not the plastic part where the eyes is , alot of times the problem is ,the leader becomes twisted and its hard to get it back off , sometime i cut it off and tripl surgeon it back together , any help rigging these any better , other than a toothpick

Posted on: 2010/5/4 21:57

From Grove City PA
I'm a big thingamabobber fan...never have a reason to use others since I started using them.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 23:05

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com