ferrule alignment

Gonefishing

Gonefishing

how important is ferrule alignment on a fly rod? seems like every rod I've got has at least one snake guide that plays buy is own snake guide rules and won't get in line.

The reason i ask is, I was fishing tiny dries today and every cast regardless of the wind would kick out way too the right, the rebel snake guide could be the culprit creating a kinda reach cast?

no.

If it is a single guide, are you sure it it not bent out of position or even possibly attached out of alignment with the others?

And no, it shoudln't screw up your casting. Thats all you.

Cast going out to the right is probably a result of the casting stroke going left.

Yep, casting stroke going left at the end.

Look at the bright side. A curve cast, when intentional, can be a very useful tool. And a right curve ain't easy! I can curve left like a pro, but suck to the right.

thanks guys. pennkev its a single guide wrapped a little funky,
I've got too start building my own rods, any error will be mine and won't bother me.

The rouge guide probably hurts you for shooting line more than anything. The tip section of my favorite rod is crooked. Ticks me off when stringing it up but one I see rising, I forget all about it and it casts fine.

Gonefishing wrote:
how important is ferrule alignment on a fly rod? seems like every rod I've got has at least one snake guide that plays buy is own snake guide rules and won't get in line.

:lol: that's funny right there

thanks for the help, indeed I just needed too clean up the cast. I like just started fishing dries for trout, it can be frustrating, but I think I'll stick with it.

Back