FE Thomas Rod Information

gfig19

gfig19

my friend wants to know any information regarding this rod, he wants to part ways with it and I promised I'd at least ask on here about the rod. We looked for information google, but couldn't match the exact rod specs to see what we were looking at as far as value, ect

here are some pictures. thanks in advance.

gfig

Attachments

• rod1.jpg
    rod1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
  • rod2.jpg
    rod2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 7
  • rod3.jpg
    rod3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 6
  • rod4.jpg
    rod4.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 8
Try Clark's Classic Fly Rod Forum.

F.E. Thomas is a desirable maker but being a 9 foot rod, it is not a desirable length. That length was fairly common even before graphite but the shorter lengths are lighter and were generally less common, thus making them more desirable.

If all of the pieces are of equal length, that would be a major plus. Its hard to tell in your pictures.

You'll find more specific info on Clarcks.

Hope that gives you a start.

Shock

Shock is correct. Here is the link.
http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=69
The fact that it has a serial number indicates it was probably made in the forties or later. The Dirigo was a model indicating it may have had watermarks or less than perfect cane. FE Thomas made some very nice casting rods and even at nine feet, I’m sure it’s a pleasure to fish with. I’ve had four over the years and a certain eight footer is still one of my favorites. Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

Neat rod. I've wanted a FET Fairy 6'8" 3wt for awhile now.

That rod, like all rods, was made to be fished. I bet it is a pleasure to do so.

Back