Fall streamers

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

I am looking for some advice on some streamers that I should be throwing at this time of year. Size, color, etc. on places like the Lackawanna, Lackawaxen, etc. I am sure standard size 6-10 buggers in black, brown, olive, or "halloween" would work, but would like some other suggestions too. Thanks!

Don't forget about white, especially on bright days.

For something different, especially if the water is off color, try something with UV in it. I've been experimenting with UV materials and find them to be quite effective, especially with buggers and bunny type streamers in dirty water.

Buggers are popular b/c they do work. Any color streamer. Clarity, location, light level all come into play. Just keep chucking junk and see what happens. Don't forget abot our friend...the sculpin. For me, sculpin and whit bunny have dome most of the damage.

Waiting for the suggestion of trying a greenie weenie. LMAO

Muppet Baby

gartside soft hackle streamer.

Micky Finn, Edson Tiger , Rays Fly.

Yellow is a great colour for Fall

Slumpbuster

try a weenie with a streamer dropper, dead drift, catch fish...

I tied a couple of those Moto Minnows and took them to Muddy. Picked up a wild brown and didn't see another fish even follow. I havn't given up on them yet tho...only had an hour to test drive them.

i choose patterns mostly on how easy they are to tie... especially articulated streamers can eat up a lot of bench time. color is important. i like yellow or chartreuse on bright days and olive, brown, black on murkier days. i cycle through colors until one starts moving fish and stick with it. brown over yellow is a favorite for me if it's a two color pattern. when water levels are lower i usually dial down to smaller single hook flies (small for me is like a size 4). plenty of flash always.

yep 100% in agreement Buggers!!!!!!!!

Anyone use Sculpzillas? I am looking for more info on them...

He went back out to sea after the fight with mothra.

Any streamer with a rabbit strip is great IMO like a sculpzilla or slumpbuster, etc lots of movement. There are a ton of great streamers anymore and new ones popping up all the time. Buy a few or tie a few that look good to you and see what works. You want a rod with some backbone though. I know trying to cast them things with my 5wt feels like I'm trying to cast a wet sock.

I have been thinking about getting a six or seven weight for that purpose.

Back